Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
marxian,

For the Harmattan version I've one request, when using cuteTube player can the orientation be portrait too? Like the old v1.2.X versions which had playback depending on the orientation of device...
Yes, that's no problem. Doing that will also fix the 'set to landscape' bug. I'll do it this weekend.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post

Putting all device videos in cuteTube's path (or setting cuteTube's path as default videos path) allows playback of videos that were not downloaded using cuteTube using the archive option... Hence, since OVP doesn't work, cuteTube is able to play in background stock videos too
That's because cuteTube uses QtGallery to query the filesystem, rather than keep it's own record of downloaded files.

As for OVP, my understanding is that setting the opacity of the QML Video element to 0 causes a core dump in PR1.3. I think it will work if that line is removed from the QML code. Maybe I will find the time to fix it, along with some major code re-factoring and re-implementation of subtitle support and the QtGallery stuff in C++ (or maybe not ).

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Hi marxian,

the autobuilder is back to work again, can you please upload your new builds of cutetube* to repos ?
thanks

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
As for OVP, my understanding is that setting the opacity of the QML Video element to 0 causes a core dump in PR1.3. I think it will work if that line is removed from the QML code. Maybe I will find the time to fix it, along with some major code re-factoring and re-implementation of subtitle support and the QtGallery stuff in C++ (or maybe not ).

IMO if you are adding the option to play in cuteTube videos in portrait orientation then you can skip on OVP... I realised that cuteTube wants its own dedicated directory i.e. when i set from within cuteTube the path to ~/MyDocs/Movies, it auto-created a new directory ~/MyDocs/Movies/cuteTube.

So I have modified my ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs file and changed
Code:
"XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Movies"
to
Code:
"XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME/MyDocs/Movies/cuteTube"
This way the above is my default for videos and cuteTube sees everything (downloaded + user added) in there too hence a proper replacement for OVP with added downloading support

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
I cant find videos i downloaded using CuteTube QML, hav looked for them everywhere. The Download Bar completed, but I cant find in any directory

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2012 @ ja_JP.UTF-8
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Are you not running the qml version? If so, you should post here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1306342
Yes. Sorry I mistook the thread.
But the error say "No Connection To Server" occurs also in this not-qml version.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
the autobuilder is back to work again, can you please upload your new builds of cutetube* to repos ?
The autobuilder has never stopped working AFAIK, the issue is the web based uploader not passing the files to the autobuilder.

However, some people can get scp or dput to work others can't .

I am sure Marxian will get applications to the necessary places ASAP.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
1.4.3. deb posted earlier seems to fix the "no connection to server" problem, but now CuteTube crashes every few minutes during a transfer.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2012 @ ja_JP.UTF-8
CuteTube is the best Youtube player than any other matters.
but I cought an annoying error "No Connection to the Server"

I did a fight with the problem the all day today,and I finally found the solution with that !

#ifconfig wlan0 mtu 300
note:if your network connection was HQ,the error wouldn't occur.

does Cutetube give up playing if there was one TCP error at loading movies?

Last edited by syake; 2012-12-27 at 14:01. Reason: "than". not "then",typo.

N9 version of cutetube would only open once, trying to start it again after a while doesnt work. Only reboot fixes this...any solution to that?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
N9 version of cutetube would only open once, trying to start it again after a while doesnt work. Only reboot fixes this...any solution to that?
Works fine for me but you can open terminal and type "killall cutetube" and it'll open too...

Tags
youtube