Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by chorvaqueen View Post
Yes, but how do I do that exactly? I can't seem to access /opt/renpy normally. I just got this phone 2 days ago so I'm currently scrambling things to get started.
mee too got this a week ago and everything seems brand new yukk apt get is awsome

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chorvaqueen View Post
Yes, but how do I do that exactly? I can't seem to access /opt/renpy normally.

I just got this phone 2 days ago so I'm currently scrambling things to get started.
Ah I see. Are you familiar with using the terminal? What you can do is copy Katawa Shoujo into any location on your phone that you can, then open the terminal (X Terminal), and do

cp path/to/your/copied/KatawaShoujo /opt/renpy -r

I'm not 100% sure if you need to be root to do this. If you encounter permissions problems then you might install rootsh and gain root access before trying again (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moofang For This Useful Post:
you can transfer files with the usb, then move the folder with the console. Google how use basic linux console commands.

The Following User Says Thank You to xvan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Inverted Castle
thanks, will try this after i get home from work.

I've brushed up some terminal stuff this morning because I'm also trying to make psx4m running, now things sound a little more understandable

The Following User Says Thank You to chorvaqueen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moofang View Post
I'm not sure if you still need to apply my two patches for keyboard input and modified shortcuts - those may have been merged into the release.
They're not, but they probably should.

Other than the bugs, this port is pretty sweet. Too bad it's just a launcher though - I was entertaining ideas of seeing if it's possible to write, draw, record and code a VN entirely on N900...

The Following User Says Thank You to KFX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KFX View Post
They're not, but they probably should.

Other than the bugs, this port is pretty sweet. Too bad it's just a launcher though - I was entertaining ideas of seeing if it's possible to write, draw, record and code a VN entirely on N900...

you can, all you need is any text editor (jedit is not required, but you can run it with icedtea) and put all the code in the relevant .py files

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
you can, all you need is any text editor (jedit is not required, but you can run it with icedtea) and put all the code in the relevant .py files
Pretty much this, also there are already many non-RenPy Python apps on Maemo. :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
1) Has anyone actually gotten Katawa Shoujo to work on this? For me it hangs with a black screen during the 4LS logo animation, not even reaching the start menu. Waiting for 15 minutes isn't enough, which is a wee bit unreasonable for a 1.5 second long clip.

2) Is there a way to force Ren'Py to start in fullscreen?

3) Trying to save the game (tested with "The Question", the included minigame) appears to crash the launched game.

EDIT: Disregard 3, it was apparently because I had ran out of space on the prog partition. :P Still, Katawa Shoujo doesn't get past the dev team's logo animation.

Last edited by KFX; 2013-09-22 at 20:37.

It just occurred to me that there may be a trivially simple reason for the compatibility woes with N900 Ren'Py - the engine is 6.10.2, several versions behind the desktop edition (6.16.5 at the moment of writing this). How would one go about updating this? I'm not nearly technically minded enough to do it myself.

if i get a chance i'll take a quick look later or over weekend, see if i can package it.

Had a quick look, has issue building ffdecode.c, lots of errors referring to members of VideoState, for example.
Code:
ffdecode.c:1587: error: 'VideoState' has no member named 'filename'
ffdecode.c:1591: error: 'VideoState' has no member named 'ytop'
ffdecode.c:1592: error: 'VideoState' has no member named 'xleft'
ffdecode.c:1603: error: 'VideoState' has no member named 'first_frame'

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-12-21 at 15:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, nokia n900