Active Topics

Yes, another media player topic.

1) The N900 shows many instances where the song is duplicated on the N900 (shows two copies of same song). On my lap top when I look the N900's folders under Audio clips, it shows only one copy of each of these songs. Why is it showing two copies on the N900?

2) On the N900 many of the album pictures are wrong. Album art from one album shows up as the picture for many other albums. Why is this?

I didn't read answers to these questions in other threads.

Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Yes, another media player topic.

1) The N900 shows many instances where the song is duplicated on the N900 (shows two copies of same song). On my lap top when I look the N900's folders under Audio clips, it shows only one copy of each of these songs. Why is it showing two copies on the N900?

2) On the N900 many of the album pictures are wrong. Album art from one album shows up as the picture for many other albums. Why is this?

I didn't read answers to these questions in other threads.

1) I'm not sure...

2) I think that if your files have the same (or begin with the same) album names, the phone mixes up the album pictures. The phone creates a temporary file that stores the images (similar to the thumbnail files in windows) in a special folder. If you later add a song that has a similar album name, the older image will be used. If you do a search, there are a few commands you can run to delete the temporary images stored on the phone and then another command to manually refresh the media player. However, I still couldn't fix my problem until I fixed the album names and then ran the commands to delete the older images and manually refreshed the media player.

Try using mussorgsky to fix the id3 tags, it also does album art.

(not sure which repo its in, Pretty sure its not in stable tho)

try closing the media player and running
tracker-processes -r
in xterm and then open the media player again. it will take a while for the indexer to scan for media but it should (hopefully) fix your multiple copy issue and perhaps the album art as well. If it does not fix the album art then I would recommend checking the files with a tag editor, either on another pc or as ear0wax suggested on your phone. Anytime you make a change to a tag or move a file that is already in your library it may help to run the tracker-processes -r, what it does is delete the cache of media info and forces a fresh scan for all content.

just a note:

in my case, i synced mp3s from Win Media Player so it created a Music folder. So I had to delete its copy in .songs.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
ok so tell me how to change the dafault pic for song file? right now for songs that has no default pic I have pic from another pic and I want to have nothing

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
ok so tell me how to change the dafault pic for song file? right now for songs that has no default pic I have pic from another pic and I want to have nothing
I ve got exactly the same problem. Anyone to figure it out?

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
mussorgsky is good it's in extra devel repo, i used it to add album art and haven't had a problem with it so far.
i also use
sudo gainroot
tracker-processes --hard-reset
think it does exactly the same as mentioned earlier

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
It still shows this wrong album picture on songs that do not have id tags.

Originally Posted by JCH View Post
This may be two years too late to help you, but the same thing happened to me today after I had to try a firmware update a couple times - turns out the backup process had created duplicates of all the audio and video files in the folder MyDocs/DEV instead of replacing them properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to KFX For This Useful Post: