Active Topics

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
So, the good news are that "security code" problem is not reproducible for me with the latest PR1.2 code (checked with two test servers). The bad news is that if nothing can unlock the device (like: empty password, 12345, your accounts or track & protect passwords), then right now I can see only way to unlock the device. It is to flash the device with emmc (all user data will be lost). If it is necessary later I'll write the "How To Flash N9" instructions (I saw at least one video on youtube for windows users. For Linux there is nothing hard to do, because all needed info is accessible with simple command "./flasher --help" ).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Hi Sergey,
Any info on when the PR1.2 will be available to us? Can not wait for this any longer
Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to x220 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by x220 View Post
Hi Sergey,
Any info on when the PR1.2 will be available to us? Can not wait for this any longer
Regards.
Hi, sorry but no dates from me (even if I knew any ).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2011-12-28 at 06:58.

I love my n9, but the email client is unusable for work to be fair. Mfe is a nightmare with the security code nonsense, no flagging\add star for follow up (you realise That since ios5 this is the only platform to not support this? Even though flags and stars show when added on a computer or android/ios5/wp7/webos/pc./mac mail? Even symbian now has it.

Seriously, why build such a great phone, with such a super OS, then have such a poor mail client? It was the same with the n900. Only sych two weeks back? Why for gods sake? No there platform has these limitations, only Nokias mail clients. Its the difference between using an n9 and a lumia 800 or alternative nonsense Nokia phone.

You have seamless gtalk integration but you cant flag a mail from three weeks ago so you can refer back to it? think about that. Its ****ing nuts.

The Following User Says Thank You to scaramanga89 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
that is what i have been saying too. it sucks. these dudes are amateurs.

That's Linux for you. It was practically built by amateurs right from the beginning.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
that is what i have been saying too. it sucks. these dudes are amateurs.
I've read your previous posts mate, don't lump me in with your assumptions please, these guys are anything but amateurs. How many operating systems have you coded? I would guess the same as me- zero. Stick to ios5, it seems to suit your needs, and it does just work, no doubt, I used it for years, but it has to be the most stale operating system out there for quite a while now, and that's coming from someone who uses macs for a living, at home and at work.

I just don't understand why standard Mfe features are omitted from an Mfe client. I use a Samsung Focus, basically exclusively for the mail client, which is miles ahead of anything else out there, including ios5. I just want to be able to carry a single device. I don't see how nokia ever expected to get this phone off the ground when the most used communication feature is gimped.

Read Steve Jobs biography. these guys are a C team. They dont understand what it means to finnish. Anyone can come up with an idea and start putting pieces together, but to build a great device, requires superb attention to detail. These bros dont have it. C team. They wouldnt make it into champions league. So many things missing on this phone besides Mfe

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Read Steve Jobs biography. these guys are a C team. They dont understand what it means to finnish. Anyone can come up with an idea and start putting pieces together, but to build a great device, requires superb attention to detail. These bros dont have it. C team. They wouldnt make it into champions league. So many things missing on this phone besides Mfe

I did read it. He came across as a spoiled wanker, talented, but spoiled and self indulgent. Not sure what relevance that has here. You need to drink a bit less of the kool aid mate.

The Following User Says Thank You to scaramanga89 For This Useful Post:
The relevance is attention to details, which mass producing NOKIA, seems to ignore.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950