Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
A great feature would be to make the app fail to install on the phones of the all the naysayers who believed that there was "no need for an app when you can just go to the full website"

I'm kidding of course!

Thanks a ton for this!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rariss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
please include a chat feature if you can. even on microB it's kinda annoying and hard to tap...

if you can do like the iphone version, that'll be great =)
You can get FB Chat integrated with Conversations now, Facebook offers Jabber - Take a look at http://thenokiablog.com/2010/02/10/h...ut-of-the-box/

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Not well known, but:

http://x.facebook.com

Is the high-end mobile site. It's better than the N97 client, and the iPhone one. Currently the best facebook experience on a mobile device IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to the_accidental For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rariss View Post
A great feature would be to make the app fail to install on the phones of the all the naysayers who believed that there was "no need for an app when you can just go to the full website"
Technically, they're right - but I think this has the ability to be/feel a lot nicer, and to not require a network connection if you're suffering from spotty connectivity.

Originally Posted by the_accidental View Post
Not well known, but:

Is the high-end mobile site. It's better than the N97 client, and the iPhone one. Currently the best facebook experience on a mobile device IMO.
I use it myself, actually, good reference.

Originally Posted by the_accidental View Post
Not well known, but:

This redirects to www.touch.facebook.com for me. Is this supposed to happen? If so, it is well known on here, and there is even a link to it on the standard mobile Facebook site, right at the bottom.

Originally Posted by m165 View Post
This redirects to www.touch.facebook.com for me. Is this supposed to happen? If so, it is well known on here, and there is even a link to it on the standard mobile Facebook site, right at the bottom.
Yeah...think that's what it is supposed to do.

touch.facebook.com isn't the greatest either

This is looking pretty good and is exactly what i've been hoping for. I have to agree with you that for me personally I'd prefer an app which intergrates with my device and looks and feels the same, this is one of the reasons why I enjoy using jabber for facebook chat through my phone so much, if I wanted it to look like facebook I probably would just use the facebook or facebook lite sites, although I think the option to change the look of the app to something a bit more "facebook like" would be a good option for those who prefer it.

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
At a brief bunch of searches, I don't think push is possible for non-iPhone usage (sigh) - and in fact I'm not even sure it's entirely done on Facebook's side of things since the stuff I did manage to turn up seemed to imply that it uses some Apple tricks...
Not necessarily push.. but what about registering it with CRON with a menu-configurable setting for how often to check? Thus making it somewhat a service that gives notifications every time some menu-configurable list of facebookey things change.. (status updates, comments on your status', posts on your wall, images tagged of you........... automatically remove tags on images tagged of you *cough* ).

Other features on similar apps:
- Image Uploading
- Image Tagging
- Album creation, deletion, modification
- "Events" notifier
- Sync profile pictures with Contacts
- Comment on Posts
- View Wall, Pictures, Profile of friends/self.
- Delete Comments/posts

Not sure if any of these have been mentioned.. I only skim-read .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
You could integrate this with Hermes too.

Also, you could add an "export to n900 calender" option for events.

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser