Active Topics

Hi Maemo Wizards.

Any chance of implementing something like this: nokia-photo-browser on the N900.

i used to like it on the N95-8GB and would like to see what it would be like on something a lot more advanced.

Thankees

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
ok where is the http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/ link? i would like to vote for something there but i can't find something related to this.

The Following User Says Thank You to assetburned For This Useful Post:
i would like to have this kind of gallery, like in android its 3d gallery :P

The Following User Says Thank You to shnigi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Photobrowser was great would love to see such interactive photoviewer in n900

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Hmm...
I like the 'Images' on N900. Only, I would like an open-source version of image-viewer.
Tracker is a great part of Maemo, and it needs to be used-developed more. Such as, Geo-Tagging should rely not only on GPS position, but also on cellular network. GPS-or-cellular position should be resolved into human-readable location with assistance from vector maps stored on the device.When audio recordings of phone calls are made, audio files should be tagged accordingly. Structure of user documents should be configurable, instead of fixed Images-Music-Videos.
One feature I miss in image editing is operating with several files at once. Such as, overlaying them after exposure bracketing. Or stacking many long-and-narrow files together. Or separating one image into several, instead of cropping one-into-one.
Best wishes.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
have you people tried MaePyGalleryQML ? its also good with fluid UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
have you people tried MaePyGalleryQML ? its also good with fluid UI.
MaePyGalleryQML has good interface - very similar to image viewer - but much less features. And it doesn't fit into operating-system-appearance. And it warns about using a lot of RAM. It's just too curious a problem to pass by...
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Tracker is a great part of Maemo
It is good if you care about such things as tags but I organize my pictures/music/videos in a nice directory structure where the name and the position in the tree give me all the information I need so for me tracker is just a major nuisance. For audio there is a wonderful app called symfonie which does exactly what I need but sadly there isn't a good one for pictures and videos AFAIK.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
have you people tried MaePyGalleryQML ?
As a general rule, I tend to shy away from apps named after what they've been written in. The name suggests that they are just a practice project to learn programming in so-and-so and once you get to try them, the implementation usually confirms that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Hi Maemo Wizards.

Any chance of implementing something like this: nokia-photo-browser on the N900.

i used to like it on the N95-8GB and would like to see what it would be like on something a lot more advanced.

Thankees
I was very okay with the stock image browser. Clean and fast, zoom worked with double-tap or volume keys so that' about enough. As I remember you even have a built-in image editor with basic functions like crop and stuff like that.

You want that picture viewer because? Ohh that 3D animation (just like Android) is cool? No thank you. In my oppinion the stock one does exactly what a image browser should do!

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Agreed.

10chars

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:

Tags
image viewer, nokia n900