Active Topics

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
weird idea: photovoltaic panel in the back + reflective cover to head light on the panel

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
We need somthing where people can suggest features and characteristic etc, organized with categories and subcategories, with tags too, where people can vote on features etc (kina like Jira and alike, though perhaps more wiki-like)

Anyway, here are some of the things i would love:

* Resitive multitouch screen (high precision and speed, and compatible with anything even a popsicle stick)

* A screen that can light a whole room by itself, but that also takes full advantage of external lighting (like, with its selflighting functionality turned off if you shined a light at it tt would look just like as if it was printed on paper, be the light a candle or a LED flashlight or a fluorescent lightbulb or even the Sun itself)

* Dual analog (and 5 way) controls (perhaps like my little touch glass nub idea)

* 3d proximity sensitivity on the screen ( for things like touchless mouse cursor "hover", floating gestures, touchless waving and flick gestures etc and perhaps even some basic biometrics)

* A full motion capture suite, 4 non-coplanar 3 axial accelerometers, 3 axial magnetometer, 3 axial gyroscope and whatever else you can pull out of you sleeve

* Microphone array to filter sound by position (easilly picking up one person in a noisy crowded room) and identify the direction of sound.

* A nice qwerty keyboard with at least 4 rows

* A time of flight depth perception camera (if more than one camera, prioritize the main camera but try to make them all have it). Even better if you can make have capabilities like that camera demontrated in that Google talk, that could see thru smoke, rain, blinds, camping tents etc.

* Capable of recording videos with framerates way above what most people would need at a decent MP count per frame

* Capable of tracking the user's face with high enough precision and speed to allow a virtual 3d camera to be moved in the virtual environment making the scene apear holographic

* A 90x360 (that is half a ball), or even full 180x360, decent resolution environment light meter (to gather a lightmap, usefull for special effets)

* Square image sensor for the main camera (so you can choose any aspect ratio you want for your photos and videos)

* Can last at the very least a full 24 hours with the most intense usage between charges

* Speakers that can reach eardrum ripping dB levels from the distance between your ears and the tip of your fingers without clipping and without risk of damaging the device.

* On top of that a woofer that's about as big as the device itself with similar quality and power (i want it to make wind!)

* Lots of software controled radio transceivers and builtin antennas for all sorts of frequency bands, protocols etc, each powerful enough to boil water (limitations on power and frequencies for obeying local regulations only enforced by software, not hardware not even firmware), flexible enough to allow for things like controlling regular RC toys, controlling garage doors, working like a metal detector using all sorts of techniques, interfacinf with wireless cameras, wireless phones etc, being capable of being "upgraded" to different wireless data exchange technologies, watching analog and digitalTV etc, reading RFID tags as well as behaving like one (or more than one) and other things like that.

* Can we have force (trully force, not just vibration) feedback analog thumbpads/sticks/nubs? (would be fun to have the thing twirling it's nipples when a call is ringing, or even crawling on the table reacting to the environment like a brickshaped robopet)

* Buttons in the back for using all your fingers at once instead of just the thumbs, but that don't get in the way of sliding the device on your pocket etc

* programable GPUs (more than one, and capable of being used both for heavy games as well as for other uses like physics acceleration and other more arbitrary parallel computing stuff)

* Full GPS hardware and engine, not needing assistance to get a lock fast and capable of subdecimeter precision even between shinny high buildings.

* Picoprojector with bigger than HD resolution , that can also double as a RGB laser pointer (bonus points for being able to cut duck tape and light matches accross the room).

* Capable of running Symbian and x86 programs about as fast as regular native ARM binnaries without the need of booting an alternate OS

* Out of the box compatibility with USB devices meant for Pcs and notebooks, not even needing adapters.

* Godlike internal memory, big and fast enough for recording multiMP video at >60FPS as raw frames without worrying about lack of space.

* Full access to SIM communication (if possible even to the point being capable of writing io a virgin SIM like those machines carriers use )

* More than fit for power multitask

* Can i have one that got both a van de graaf generator and a at least stun gun level tesla coil and cn handle the punch?

* irDA compatible

* Bluetooth that can handle lots of simultaneous devices and the biggest distance allowed

* The main camera besides regular flash/torch lights also got an IR "torch" and can be used for filming in total lack of (visible) light

* Stereo nosechips (shouldn't take too long for people to release programs to identify rotten food, and it would only be a matter of time till we have a program to identify and track arbitrary smells)

* Since we're here already, gimme a DNA sequencer as well :P

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2010-12-28 at 09:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
We need somthing where people can suggest features and characteristic etc, organized with categories and subcategories, with tags too, where people can vote on features etc (kina like Jira and alike, though perhaps more wiki-like)

Anyway, here are some of the things i would love:

* Resitive multitouch screen (high precision and speed, and compatible with anything even a popsicle stick)

* A screen that can light a whole room by itself, but that also takes full advantage of external lighting (like, with its selflighting functionality turned off if you shined a light at it tt would look just like as if it was printed on paper, be the light a candle or a LED flashlight or a fluorescent lightbulb or even the Sun itself)

* Dual analog (and 5 way) controls (perhaps like my little touch glass nub idea)

* 3d proximity sensitivity on the screen ( for things like touchless mouse cursor "hover", floating gestures, touchless waving and flick gestures etc and perhaps even some basic biometrics)

* A full motion capture suite, 4 non-coplanar 3 axial accelerometers, 3 axial magnetometer, 3 axial gyroscope and whatever else you can pull out of you sleeve

* Microphone array to filter sound by position (easilly picking up one person in a noisy crowded room) and identify the direction of sound.

* A nice qwerty keyboard with at least 4 rows

* A time of flight depth perception camera (if more than one camera, prioritize the main camera but try to make them all have it). Even better if you can make have capabilities like that camera demontrated in that Google talk, that could see thru smoke, rain, blinds, camping tents etc.

* Capable of recording videos with framerates way above what most people would need at a decent MP count per frame

* Capable of tracking the user's face with high enough precision and speed to allow a virtual 3d camera to be moved in the virtual environment making the scene apear holographic

* A 90x360 (that is half a ball), or even full 180x360, decent resolution environment light meter (to gather a lightmap, usefull for special effets)

* Square image sensor for the main camera (so you can choose any aspect ratio you want for your photos and videos)

* Can last at the very least a full 24 hours with the most intense usage between charges

* Speakers that can reach eardrum ripping dB levels from the distance between your ears and the tip of your fingers without clipping and without risk of damaging the device.

* On top of that a woofer that's about as big as the device itself with similar quality and power (i want it to make wind!)

* Lots of software controled radio transceivers and builtin antennas for all sorts of frequency bands, protocols etc, each powerful enough to boil water (limitations on power and frequencies for obeying local regulations only enforced by software, not hardware not even firmware), flexible enough to allow for things like controlling regular RC toys, controlling garage doors, working like a metal detector using all sorts of techniques, interfacinf with wireless cameras, wireless phones etc, being capable of being "upgraded" to different wireless data exchange technologies, watching analog and digitalTV etc, reading RFID tags as well as behaving like one (or more than one) and other things like that.

* Can we have force (trully force, not just vibration) feedback analog thumbpads/sticks/nubs? (would be fun to have the thing twirling it's nipples when a call is ringing, or even crawling on the table reacting to the environment like a brickshaped robopet)

* Buttons in the back for using all your fingers at once instead of just the thumbs, but that don't get in the way of sliding the device on your pocket etc

* programable GPUs (more than one, and capable of being used both for heavy games as well as for other uses like physics acceleration and other more arbitrary parallel computing stuff)

* Full GPS hardware and engine, not needing assistance to get a lock fast and capable of subdecimeter precision even between shinny high buildings.

* Picoprojector with bigger than HD resolution , that can also double as a RGB laser pointer (bonus points for being able to cut duck tape and light matches accross the room).

* Capable of running Symbian and x86 programs about as fast as regular native ARM binnaries without the need of booting an alternate OS

* Out of the box compatibility with USB devices meant for Pcs and notebooks, not even needing adapters.

* Godlike internal memory, big and fast enough for recording multiMP video at >60FPS as raw frames without worrying about lack of space.

* Full access to SIM communication (if possible even to the point being capable of writing io a virgin SIM like those machines carriers use )

* More than fit for power multitask

* Can i have one that got both a van de graaf generator and a at least stun gun level tesla coil and cn handle the punch?

* irDA compatible

* Bluetooth that can handle lots of simultaneous devices and the biggest distance allowed

* The main camera besides regular flash/torch lights also got an IR "torch" and can be used for filming in total lack of (visible) light

* Stereo nosechips (shouldn't take too long for people to release programs to identify rotten food, and it would only be a matter of time till we have a program to identify and track arbitrary smells)

* Since we're here already, gimme a DNA sequencer as well :P
Please don't forget to make it be able to make a stable a phone call in GSM or 3G

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duy2anh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Just buy an Archos tablet and put MeeGo on it.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Just buy an Archos tablet and put MeeGo on it.
But it dosent have call funcation.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Nokia are making an Android Tablet with Honeycomb so change title to dream android tablet lol

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-andro...umor-29121714/

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
But it dosent have call funcation.
I thought this thread is about tablets, not phones.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Nokia are making an Android Tablet with Honeycomb so change title to dream android tablet lol

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-andro...umor-29121714/
I don't believe such rumours.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
never really got why ppl want top notch cameras on a tablet
as tablets are used mostly in your house not like you need to be taking pro quality shots from your office or sofa
it just drives up cost for no practical reason
to some of us we need video chat, i for one got my N810 for being able to b closer to my girlfriend in Puerto Rico so the video wass supposed to b a plus lol but is very well needed especiallyh on a tablet,,,duh why u think the frikin iphone got so much hype now wih seamless videochat,,,, still behind people likkke the videocam

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by eneitten usr XD View Post
to some of us we need video chat, i for one got my N810 for being able to b closer to my girlfriend in Puerto Rico so the video wass supposed to b a plus lol but is very well needed especiallyh on a tablet,,,duh why u think the frikin iphone got so much hype now wih seamless videochat,,,, still behind people likkke the videocam
there's a big difference between having a front facing camera for video chat and a 8MP Xenon equipped camera on back which records HD what i and others are on about, any tablet bigger than Galaxy tab with such a camera is a big waste.
Btw Iphone facetime all hype been doing Videochat on a Phone for years its almost a decade old

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-12-30 at 01:53.

a quad core and 4 gigs of ram, and a battery that will last 4 days without a recharge and the ability to be used as a jump start for car...you said dream specs