Notices

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
So it's just pocketsphinx running all the time - isn't Saera also using pocketsphinx already...? But indeed maybe looking at the code and configuration of Jasper could be of help (how to solve some stuff, maybe also some dictionaries or phonetic models could be used, maybe some interesting ideas could be borrowed and reimplemented...).

edit: I think it is also worth noting that Ubuntu since 13.04 or 13.10 ship with pocketspinx by default, as they want to implement voice control in their Unity interface - maybe they have some nice models and dictionaries of phonetics in different languages which can be reused here.
Jasper does some things with Pocketsphinx that I'd like Saera to be able to do - such as parsing your contacts names or music library and adding them to the corpus.

I've been busy with a few other projects lately, but now I can give this more attention again and I hope to release Saera v2 sometime in late June or early July.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Any progress on this?

Too bad taixzo hasn't been active on TMO since October (last post). Let's hope everything is alright. Saera was really promising on the N900 and it would be great to see it on better hardware, with asynchronous PyOtherSide underneath.

EDIT: It looks like the SailfishOS branch hasn't been pushed to git either.

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-01-02 at 13:42.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
I would love to see this software installed on my jolla!

The Following User Says Thank You to deiv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Any progress on this?

Too bad taixzo hasn't been active on TMO since October (last post). Let's hope everything is alright. Saera was really promising on the N900 and it would be great to see it on better hardware, with asynchronous PyOtherSide underneath.

EDIT: It looks like the SailfishOS branch hasn't been pushed to git either.
Ok. I've held off on replying with the hope that I could reply with positive news, but I don't have any yet.

My current issue is as such: I was developing both the Harmattan and SailfishOS branches on my N9. It developed a hardware issue where the power button was triggering spontaneously. I've removed the power button, but while this was happening it kept trying to turn the phone on while it was out of power, to the point that it will not boot far enough to let me charge the battery; so, until I can figure out a fix, my N9 is bricked.

Meanwhile, my N900 has had a broken USB port for over two years now, which has made it a pain to develop on given that I can't just transfer files over USB anymore.

Finally, I've had to start rewriting the back end yet again, as Wit.ai has been acquired by Facebook, and I don't want my app to be sending data to facebook.

So: current status is "Paused indefinitely until I can get some semblance of a dev environment back together."

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
taixzo is back

About the charging thing:
you know about the 'flasher -i' or
'flasher' -f -F fw.bin' to maximum10%, keep an eye on it and stop flasher with ctrl-c or ctrl-z?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-02-06 at 20:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
taixzo is back

About the charging thing:
you know about the 'flasher -i' or
'flasher' -f fw.bin' to maximum10%, keep an eye on it and stop flasher with ctrl-c or ctrl-z?
Yeah, I tried that. Flasher doesn't detect it, although the indicator light flashes every time I plug it in. I gave up after it hadn't gotten anywhere after 4 hours. I also tried ordering a new battery, but after swapping them the phone was still in the same state, so I don't know whether it's a battery problem or something else.

flasher -i does not detect?

What OS you use?
What cable? Original?
Front USB?

Please change USB cable, then port (no front USB), then use Linux (live CD), then change PC. If on Windowz then reinstall drivers ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
flasher -i does not detect?

What OS you use?
What cable? Original?
Front USB?

Please change USB cable, then port (no front USB), then use Linux (live CD), then change PC. If on Windowz then reinstall drivers ...
I was using OS X. I will try Ubuntu tomorrow.

The USB cable is one from my Kindle. I'll see if I can find the original cable, although it's hard to keep all the different ones straight.

OsX and Kindle?

So there is a good chance it will work (tomorrow).

taixzo: didn't know about wit.ai. What are you looking at using instead?

Unfortunately I never got any further looking in Jasper after hitting issue of needing gfortran from one version of gcc4.6, c/c++ compiler from thumb. Still have all the dependencies I'd built and packaged with the hope of resuming at some stage.

Tags
saera, speech-to-text