Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Now that I have been using the Jolla for a week now, I have some things that feels a 'draw back' regarding N900/N9.

The OS feels very fluid and solid. But the 'small things' are those things that are ruining it for me, for example:
  • The mobile data connection is the same as on iOS and Android.
    It makes automatically connection.
    But with the N900 and N9, I could click on the "Internet connection" and pick what the device should connect to. This was way supperior in my opinion.
  • No option for "3G" only.
    My connection keeps changing from 3G to 2G, even if there is a (weak) 3G signal. This is very annoying when you're browsing the internet.
  • No quick access to the internet connection.
    I need to go to the settings, to enable or disable connection. With android this is in a quick pulldown menu (it's reachable within almost any app from the pulldown men) or in the new ios from the bottom swiping up. And even on the top bar of Harmattan en Maemo.
    Sailfish is about 'quick multi tasking' but this is really annoying for me since this takes more steps then other OS's
  • No folders in the app drawer...
    Too... many... apps...!

I haven't looked at 'together.jolla.com' if this has been posted already or not, but I would really like to have those options in the Sailfish OS. (at least having an option for 'legacy connection selection' for the ones who likes the "Maemo5/Harmattan choose to connect option")

I do have a solution/workaround for this 'problem'. Maybe they can add those buttons at the bottom or in the pull down menu at the Notifications.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Theres already thread for this with 1000 answers. Everyone else uses it... and your moderator.

Last edited by Mikkosssss; 2013-12-31 at 14:23. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Theres already thread for this with 1000 answers. Everyone else uses it... and your moderator.
This is a PERSONAL thought
The other topic is so 'general' it's like no one is reading all the 'critics', it's all out of hand over there

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Now that I have been using the Jolla for a week now, I have some things that feels a 'draw back' regarding N900/N9.

The OS feels very fluid and solid. But the 'small things' are those things that are ruining it for me, for example:
    But with the N900 and N9, I could click on the "Internet connection" and pick what the device should connect to. This was way supperior in my opinion.
    My connection keeps changing from 3G to 2G, even if there is a (weak) 3G signal. This is very annoying when you're browsing the internet.
    I need to go to the settings, to enable or disable connection. With android this is in a quick pulldown menu (it's reachable within almost any app from the pulldown men) or in the new ios from the bottom swiping up. And even on the top bar of Harmattan en Maemo.
    Sailfish is about 'quick multi tasking' but this is really annoying for me since this takes more steps then other OS's
    Too... many... apps...!

I haven't looked at 'together.jolla.com' if this has been posted already or not, but I would really like to have those options in the Sailfish OS. (at least having an option for 'legacy connection selection' for the ones who likes the "Maemo5/Harmattan choose to connect option")

I do have a solution/workaround for this 'problem'. Maybe they can add those buttons at the bottom or in the pull down menu at the Notifications.
Good points that I have wondered about & found 'not so good'
E.g. an Android shop downloaded maps via mobile date iso wifi
1.8GB and over my limit of 1GB.

The Following User Says Thank You to eerde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Have you made question(s) at http://together.jolla.com about those network options? if not do it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Have you made question(s) at http://together.jolla.com about those network options? if not do it
No I haven't, hope someone will or else I will do it tomorrow then.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post

Too... many... apps...!

Just shows how everyone of us have different needs and usage for these devices.
All the mobile data connection, wifi etc. is as I want it to be and I have absolutely no problems with that.

My main problems are really about email, calendar syncing and setup. After a bit over a year of WP and iOS this has been ready for me right from the setup. With Jolla/Sailfish I can't get two important email accounts and my main calendar from live.com synced.

Other than those problems that are quite important to me, there's nothing I need right now. Mostly just about more stuff and options for the core apps, better and more stuff to the notification screen etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Just shows how everyone of us have different needs and usage for these devices.
All the mobile data connection, wifi etc. is as I want it to be and I have absolutely no problems with that.

My main problems are really about email, calendar syncing and setup. After a bit over a year of WP and iOS this has been ready for me right from the setup. With Jolla/Sailfish I can't get two important email accounts and my main calendar from live.com synced.

Other than those problems that are quite important to me, there's nothing I need right now. Mostly just about more stuff and options for the core apps, better and more stuff to the notification screen etc.
Well.. You've described a bug... But what I described is a drawback of an awesome funtion that was present on the n900 and the n9. (yes, automatic wifi and mobile data is ALSO present on the n900 and n9 like on Sailfish)

I hope that the sync problem will be fixed, but also the other drawbacks

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
I have the same issues with the wifi/connection manager; too little control and too many steps to the configuration screen. The option for automatic connections is alright, as long as it isn't the only option.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fawz For This Useful Post:

Tags
critism, jolla, opinion, sailfish os