In fear of getting this thread back topic briefly and then see it go back to personal attacks, I would still like to point out this...

The original thread starter had noticed what Eldar Murtazin said about the N900, regarding the Prod. Rel. firmware, stability etc. I believe that at some point in this discussion both the PR firmware and whatever Eldar had was called final.

I hope - as we all do - that the firmware in box will be without major issues because we all know that the success of such a product may just be decided the first two weeks by the reviews/feedback. Which means the release firmware will be important.

Either way, there is an update from Eldar now. Apparently he has updated his firmware again.

"40-12 are really faster than previous one, N900 working better with this FW, not the final one, the same problems with browser, player"

Apparently, as should be expected, the firmware seems to be improving.

So, whatever caution the previewer has thrown to the N900, should now be somewhat reduced.

I know these twits are too short and random to analyse, but still, I thought it was worth adding to this thread, as it is highly relevant to the issues brought up in the original post. Eldar is experiencing firmware improvements and the phone is not in stores yet.

I feel like I'm apologizing for writing this update in a "hated" thread, but as I see it, discussing what people think about the N900 firmware is highly relevant.

Last edited by volt; 2009-10-06 at 21:58. Reason: slightly less crappy english

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago-far NW side
A lot depends on how much people investigate a product. I never make a decision based on one reviewers writings, and I hope the rest of the world would too. If one person says it sucks and everyone else says it's great, I assume the one guy just has an axe to grind, rather than the product being at fault.
And things do improve-I have a G1, so I can vouch for that. If I was running the original FW on my phone, I'd have a negative review of it.

So far, there's not that many (p)reviews to judge this thingie on. Can't really say either of the two reviewers I've read this far can be considered completely objective. We'll have more reviews within the month. This far we only have the words of some privileged people to judge by. Soon we'll have regular users. But, I just can't wait

Originally Posted by franklinn View Post
Thats right. What an attention seeking tart he is. I am shocked that he's considered highly 'respected'. Someone is using the wrong dictionary for sure.

Whooo back to the personal attacks. Was getting worried there

Tags
eldar, nokia n900 preview