Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
built in client still has the problem\bug that sent messages are saved locally and not in imap sent folder, right?
True. http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...n_imap_server/ .

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Care to fill us in on how to set that up and run it? Id like to learn more about linux and thats as good a place as any. There is that custom command widget that I think I can plug the xterm commands into and it may be a really good mail system replacement.
I just use ssh from an xterm:

Code:
ssh -t me@myserver.org mutt
At some point I should switch to running mutt in screen, so it sticks around if I disconnect.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oviedo, Florida
Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo View Post
I've been using the N900 with a IMAP server (dovecot)
How often do you have the client check the server for new messages? I wonder how short the interval can be (since we don't have IMAP-IDLE support) before we start noticing a hit on the battery?

I have been using Nokia Messaging on the N900 nice quality. Has anyone been having any specific problems?

Nokia Messaging it great! Except I now can't seem to send messages from my phone....

I've also got Mfe set up to sync google contacts and calendar. When I send a message, it appears in the outbox of both my Nokia Messeging and my Mfe profiles.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I can't connectto my corporate server due to non-provisioning, so MfE useless for me. I tried gmail, but did not want to sync older email and could not see my sent email