Notices

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Version 0.0.7-2 has been uploaded to the repository and to the project Garage page. This is mostly a bugfix release in preparation for adding album and artist browsing.

Changes:
* After logging in, the Login button becomes inactive.

Fixes:
- Old cover art is not reloaded.
- More graceful client read error handling.
- Better separation between client and despotify.
- Move search area to top after new search.
- Finger friendlier search results.
- Some small GTK related bug fixes.

While using the client at work for an hour or so, I've noticed that there is still some problem when a new track is about to start. I try to handle this as gracefully as possible now by pausing playback and waiting for the user to start another song.

On the other hand, it works perfectly to pause playback, unplug the headphones and go to a meeting, return an hour later, plug the headphones back in and click play and the song continues as if nothing has happened.

The change in regards to search results is something of a test. Being more fingerfriendly is nice, making it easier to start a special song, but you now need to scroll a bit more. Please give me feedback regarding this. If this new order feels ok, I'll make the same change for playlists.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:
Version 0.0.7-3 has been uploaded to take care of the broken search results. All other changes from 0.0.7-2 are still there.

Sorry, sloppy testing.

Version 0.0.8-1 has been uploaded to the repository and the Garage page.

New functionality:
+ Album search for the currently playing song.
+ Artist search for the currently playing song. This search is limited to 200 songs.

Changes:
* Compiled for speed.

To think about:
Sometimes the artist search crashes. I have no idea what causes this. As far as I know, this might very well be the result of some albums not having tracks connected to them or something similar to this. I'm investigating this.

To not clutter the UI more than needed, the new search buttons are located in the application menu. Keep in mind that getting all the albums for a productive artist will take time on a slow connection.

Play around with this and give feedback on how it works and how it's designed. As have been suggested, being able to start a new search directly from a search result might be interesting but I'm not sure it would be easy to implement in a clean way, UI wise.

I just noticed that I forgot to bump the version number in the binary. This new version will, falsely, identify itself as 0.0.7-2. I will not make a new release to fix this.

Version 0.0.8-2 has been uploaded to the repository and the Garage page. Regard this as a bug hunt release to make album and artist search work properly.

Changes:
* A pop up menu has been added when tapping and holding on a search result row. The menu offers searching for album or artist for the currently selected row.
* The search buttons in the app menu now behaves differently if they are clicked while in the search view or not. When in the search view, search is done based on the currently selected row. When not in the search view they behave as before.

To think about:
The client has now gotten another layer of complexity since the search result view is used for more things. This in turn requires more internal states to behave in good ways offering more ways to fsck things up when they don't.

I've noticed that it's not too hard to make the client crash by doing a few different searches in a row and I'm assuming this is on account of me having added more ways to update the search view.

If you want to help with testing and debugging, please take care to note the order of things you do when making the client crash.

The pop up menu opens up in a bad place, being covered by my finger if I'm using my right hand, but works as intended when using the stylus. This is the reason I made the buttons in the application menu act like they do now. This makes finger navigation much friendlier.

Version 0.0.8-3 has been uploaded to the repository and the Garage page. This is a bugfix release to take care of some of the bugs that have been found.

Fixes:
Clearing of variables after deallocation.
Thread issue when starting the first song from search or playlist. This might solve some problems with slow connections and long timeouts.

Version 0.0.8-4 has been uploaded to the repositories and the Garage page.

New functionality:
+ Album and artist search now also works for playlists.

Changes:
* Some refactoring of the code.

Please note:
The bug in libdespotify that makes the application crash when searching for an artist after having searched for an album is still not fixed.

Version 0.0.9-1 has been uploaded to the repository and the Garage page.

New functionality:
+ Sorting by album, artist and popularity in search view.
+ Sorting by artist in playlist view.
+ Buttons to perform sorting has been added to the application menu.

To keep in mind:
- The playlists are not changed by sorting. This goes for the search view as well.

Feedback regarding sorting is very welcome.

footify has been entered into the Coding Competition and voting has started.

Please vote for footify at the top of the thread if you think it deserves your vote:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=763679

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
a) Please state in title thread or in opening post what Maemo version this is for (Maemo4, Maemo5, etc) since it's posted in the generic "Applications" category,

b) Since I'm assuming this is for Maemo5 - would it be possible to have this ported to Maemo4 or are there something unique to the Maemo5 OS that couldn't carry over?

Thanks, looks like a very nice application.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I don't know what is wrong but it always crashes when I try to log in. I'm using version 0.0.9-1.
I also tried an older version (0.0.8-4), but it did not work any better.

I have premium Spotify account and Qspot works fine.

Tags
client, despotify, gtk+2.0, spotify