neverputt/ball have recently been ported to sdl2 and iirc correctly there were news stories because of the wayland support.

Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
At least SDL 2.0 is already in Mer OBS: https://build.merproject.org/package...o%3Adevel%3Amw
If I interpret the dependencies correctly this is already the Wayland version.
Great. Unfortunately ScummVM is still stuck with SDL 1.2 because SDL 2.0 dropped support for CD audio (and CD-ROM in general).

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And for those who has not seen The Real Story Behind Wayland and X - Daniel Stone (linux.conf.au)
Very nice material! Oh, 3-level submenus - I miss them dearly, it's almost like talking about long-lost love. I take them any day, getting rid of "tablet experience" in a heartbeat.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
here is a thead about wayland in the top of nemo , what about wayland in the top of maemo's debian? just asking
you have to realise that nemo is the way to go if you seriously want new apps/kits on n900

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Great. Unfortunately ScummVM is still stuck with SDL 1.2 because SDL 2.0 dropped support for CD audio (and CD-ROM in general).
Actually, there is also already a ScummVM version in nemo:devel:apps which has SDL 2.0 as dependency:
https://build.merproject.org/package...3Adevel%3Aapps

Last edited by Wonko; 2013-08-05 at 22:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
iirc correctly, scummvm is able to make use of audio files in place of the original cd, so why worry about cdaudio support? you have to name them track1.??? be it mp3, ogg or flac. multidisc games have some special cases.

Wonko: That's very interesting, glad to see it there. Possibly it's not simply upstream ScummVM, but somebody patched it to work with SDL 2.0, since according to official ScummVM developers it's not going to support SDL 2.0 until later time. It doesn't build with SDL 2.0 from the stock source.

Android_808: Whatever their reasons are, ScummVM main tree needs to support some legacy stuff. But this new port possibly disabled some features, since most game indeed have no need for CD audio.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Just a question: how will Wayland affect 'chroot' apps like Maemo's Easydebian? I guess console applications will run OK, but graphical ones? LibreOffice, GIMP...?

mced: They won't be able to run since they depend on X. Unless someone will implement XWayland extension.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post: