Active Topics

Poll: Would you wait for Jolla revision 2 ?
Poll Options
Would you wait for Jolla revision 2 ?

After Jolla takes over the globe, I assume that there would be plenty of feedback, from the real world, about other-half interfacing issues, usability issues on certain situations and so on.
How much of real-world-like testing can actually be be done behind closed doors in Jolla's labs ???
Is not our world, the real playground ?

We have waited this long... Would it not be wise to wait a little longer & buy a revised product(hardware wise), after many such issues or major flaws(if any) are addressed, at least once ?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Yes, it would be wise.

But I'm not.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Wise if you are the only one to do it, if everybody waits for Jolla 2, it will never exist

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You missed the "I will wait until the first generation Jollas are sold used on eBay" poll option.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
saying I cannot wait for v2 would be a lot easier if I had a better grasp on exactly when v1 will show up...

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
... if I had a better grasp on exactly when v1 will show up...
This year. That has not changed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by GizmoSmith View Post
After Jolla takes over the globe, I assume that there would be plenty of feedback, from the real world, about other-half interfacing issues, usability issues on certain situations and so on.
How much of real-world-like testing can actually be be done behind closed doors in Jolla's labs ???
Is not our world, the real playground ?

We have waited this long... Would it not be wise to wait a little longer & buy a revised product(hardware wise), after many such issues or major flaws(if any) are addressed, at least once ?
There is no point wait IMHO.

It may be the case that the first batch has bugs (every HW has). But if that first enduser batch has to big problems the company is for sure doomed.

But there will not definitivly not be a second device 2014 only some small HW fixes(it takes atleast a 2year to make device). So if they don't sell well to end of 2014... well...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-10-10 at 17:48.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
This year. That has not changed.
in finland that is... I am not so sure I will see it in sweden this year but lets hope. Or else I have to take an vacation in finland to lookup an device

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
in finland that is... I am not so sure I will see it in sweden this year but lets hope. Or else I have to take an vacation in finland to lookup an device
Doesn't the telco "3" operate in Sverige? I heard that they have signed an agreement with Jolla to distribute the device...

You're welcome to visit Finland also, of course

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Doesn't the telco "3" operate in Sverige? I heard that they have signed an agreement with Jolla to distribute the device...
Really? Do you have link? I am with "3" in the UK... I haven't seen this news anywhere

Tags
jolla, revision 2