On the first working day of the new-year, a glitch within Apple iPhone internal clocks left many users snoozing.

According to Reuters, iPhone users around the world have been complaining about malfunctioning alarms the last three days, which have caused many to arrive late to work or even miss flights. The problem was present in other Apple devices as well. Apple, which had been aware of the issue, said on January 2 that the alarms should have started to function properly by Monday January 3.

With regards to the mishap, Gartner analyst Carolina Milanesi said "Apple certainly needs to fix it as soon as possible, but I doubt this will impact sales or reflect negatively on Apple itself."

source: Forbes

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
The people that own iPhones only have themselves to blame!

The Following User Says Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
had two of my guys at work say their alarms didn't sound on the 1st o jan(making them late) lol wouldn't have believed them but they both had it happen.... and they both have iphone 4s

I wouldn't get to big headed here. Daylight savings always messes up my 800 alarms. No fix in sight either...
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

The Following User Says Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
as I read on apple forums the problem has not been resolved and iphone alarm still does not ring. :P

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
so have they stated what caused it? the n900 worked fine with daylight savings, i double checked the night before and it even calculates the "x hours until next alarm" correctly factoring in the time change.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Maemo phone ringing glitch leaves some N900 users missing calls.

Careful about throwing those stones indoors, kids.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
OMG the iPhone alarm does not work! lawl lawl lawl lawl
Seriously...thats all you guys got?

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Its a well known fact that everyone who's late to work because his iPhone alarm didn't go off, will get a signed letter from Steve Jobs which permits them to be late for work.
Its not the iPhone's fault of course, its just that Steve decided to change the world's time to a time which will allow him to earn more money in some manner. We all just don't know it yet, as we're not advanced enough to understand it.

Apple invented time. Again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Its a well known fact that everyone who's late to work because his iPhone alarm didn't go off, will get a signed letter from Steve Jobs which permits them to be late for work.
Its not the iPhone's fault of course, its just that Steve decided to change the world's time to a time which will allow him to earn more money in some manner. We all just don't know it yet, as we're not advanced enough to understand it.

Apple invented time. Again.
Think.. differently?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
silent ringtone