Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
MASTER are you still are PRO Gamer? i read the Article in the paper few years back about the league going bust.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
things like flash will be bundled in by vendors for there hardware not the MeeGo project.
Yes, I am fully aware of this.

I Just hope MeeGo delivers and becomes mainstream and adobe might then release Plugins on there site for download.
We will see.

i hatz relying on device Manufacturers
I feel your pain.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
It wasn't high profile, and was never meant to be.

It's a developer release, did you think they were going to be trumpeting this from the hills?

They are serious, but there's no need for them to try and mimic Apple's ridiculous hype machine for something that isn't intended for end users.
Yes! Keep cool!
Apple is not good.

Better a good product than a good presentation.
Yes I love my n900.
And all my eyes and hopes are on meego.

But a good presentation is also important.

Reading between the lines it looks like they missed their target date,
but there could possibly be something a bit more stable in a few weeks.

Default Re: Quality of 1.1 Handset release?
MeeGo releases are currently targeted mainly to ODMs. For them, having a predictable time schedule and a transparent QA process assessing the release status every week is more important than having undetermined delays while trying to provide the "ready" release.

The MeeGo project is being honest publishing the test results and moving to future releases the features that are not ready, as soon as the decisions are made in the Program Office. Someone building a MeeGo product has the information needed to decide whether it's better to wait or take own action on the items that need to be in better shape.
Just that the current image is only being put up to comply with the
"develop by the clock" marketing and the "develop by milestone" faction
is simply letting it go to get the marketing types to let them get on with it...
... which is probably what we might best do for the moment

I will wait a bit before committing any serious time to the meego image.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Last edited by theonelaw; 2010-10-28 at 16:42. Reason: Added quote from meego forum

Maemo PR1.3 > I don't understand why some people still crib about how PR1.3 failed and everything. I mean comeon .. A few months back there was no PR1.3 there was no hope at all. Nokia announced clearly that maemo support is almost over but we STILL got PR1.3 why can't anybody be happy about it.
Just because you don't see NEW flashy icons in your menu or some new hi-tech stuff doesn't mean PR1.3 was a fail. They fixed a lot of really important bugs. EMail works a lotttt better then before no audio issues no hildon-home getting stuck.. these are just a few of the changes. It is actually a useful update from what I see.
So what we missed a few things.. no phone is perfect.. plus we have such a wonderful community.. we all will figure sth out

MEEGO1.1 ... about some of the people complaining about meego 1.1 expectation.. meego 1.1 was never going to be a consumer edition.. They forget that and then eventually compare meego1.1 with maemo.. comeon.. meego1.1 vs maemo5 obv they will have differences as of now .. until they complete the dev.. Its like you're comparing your old running car with a new bmw in the shop still waiting for its remaining 2 wheels.

Anyway.. just take it easy..
In any case people who want to try meego wil try .. people who want to curse nokia will curse.. people who are happy with n900 will stay happy .. it's still the first meego phone

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PathFinder@9GS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerdich View Post
But a good presentation is also important.
Certainly, but that's for Nokia to worry about

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Arendal, Norway
Reading some of the comments in here, I get the feeling that Nokia sometimes might regret their decision to develop openly...

The Following User Says Thank You to skripis For This Useful Post:
Hmm 1.2 is planned for April 2011
I hope we'll get the video-acceleration and other nice things a little bit faster than that.

Sorry, everyone. I suddenly lost internet yesterday and still don't have it today. (using public wifi right now). Basically, the image that is available for download is not ready for regular users yet. Most of the UI is unfinished. Voice calls work, but sound is coming out of the wrong speaker. Indicators on the main screens show that there is no reception and that battery is at 0%. Everything is extremely laggy and sometimes randomly hangs. So, not worth it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
I have installed Meego 1.1 it's very very slow and not optimised for N900, i wait April 2011! and Nitdroid 0.0.9!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Airtux For This Useful Post: