Notices

Thank you for all that info.
I installed Notepad++ and works fine.
The sys.stdout.write also works for not inserting line feed.
I have now installed Python for windows on my computer to be able to test programs more easily.
Now I have Billboard working just the way I want too.Great addition to the phone.
Thanks

I started using the {events} command to display up coming event in the calendar. It works for individual events but not for repetitive ones (once a week). The alarm in calendar works for these events.
Is this normal behaviour, or do I need to change a setting in calendar?
Thanks

A suggestion for a feature for a future release of Billboard.
The Billboard preview screen does not refresh frequently. I have recently added some .py and .sh scripts to Billboard. When I change these scripts in an editor, at the moment, I need to delete the file name in Billboard, and then reinsert it to refresh the preview screen.
Otherwise, I would need to wait for minutes for it to refresh to the new file contents by itself.
It would be great to have Refresh button on the preview screen.
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to fhutt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fhutt View Post
I started using the {events} command to display up coming event in the calendar. It works for individual events but not for repetitive ones (once a week). The alarm in calendar works for these events.
Is this normal behaviour, or do I need to change a setting in calendar?
Yes, the events source has some problems, we haven't figured out yet what the problem is.

Another suggestion regarding the refresh rate.
At times, it would be great to have a refresh rate of about 1 min, to see the signal strength, for example. At night, a refresh rate of 1 hour or longer would be fine. Therefore, an easy way to change and know the refresh rate would be great.
Thanks

Another suggestion regarding the refresh rate.
At times, it would be great to have a refresh rate of about 1 min, to see the signal strength, for example. At night, a refresh rate of 1 hour or longer would be fine. Therefore, an easy way to change and know the refresh rate would be great.
The refresh rate at the moment depends on the content, and uses a sys-aligned times for saving as much battery as possible. If you display e.g. the signal strength, it updates every time the signal strength changes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thp, it's great to know that about the signal strength.
How often is a python or sh script refreshed?
Thanks

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ 's-Hertogenbosch(NL)/ Słupsk(PL)
Hi, quick question here (sorry if it was mentioned before, I couldn't find it):
Is it possible to change green font colour (#008000, which disappears on my screen after roughly 1sec In LPM) into #00ff00, which actually works well?
I totally have no idea, which file should I edit in order to achieve it, if possible.

changing screen mode to vivid can help with disappearing / misrepresented colours on lpm as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:
How often is a python or sh script refreshed?
It depends. Whenever something changes, the whole Billboard text is re-evaluated, causing all scripts to run as well. So e.g. if you have the battery indicator there as well, all scripts are run whenever the battery indicator changes.

Apart from that, there's a system-aligned timer (meaning that it tries to align itself with other activity from the system to not wake up at unsuitable times) that has a minimum duration of 30 minutes and a maximum duration of 60 minutes. So at least it is refreshed every hour, but might be up to every 30 minutes.

If you have other things (e.g. with ContextKit stuff) then it refreshes according to these updates, and in addition (of there are no updates) again every 30-60 minutes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: