Notices

the app is perfectly fine...

IMO smart way of pushing it through

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I would agree. A rather 'odd' way to solicit votes.
Call this odd if you want, but what is really odd is that my app was requiring tester and vote since a long time ago, that the web package interface is full of bugs and that it s the only smart way to got test and votes and more for non free apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Maybe you could have offered a free licence to the first X people who tested your app properly (e.g. adding comments about what works/doesn't work), regardless of whether they voted it up or down.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
[...] that the web package interface is full of bugs[...]
If there are blocking issues, could you let me know the bug numbers and I'll get them chased up.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
I wish to thank Khertan for showing the true value of the extras-testing voting system.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
I wish to thank Khertan for showing the true value of the extras-testing voting system.
Yawn. What do you propose? If something better, let's consider it; if it's "no QA" the evidence of the number of applications which have had problems which should be fixed is pretty compelling (although I don't have them to hand); if it's "dunno, haven't got anything better" you're not adding value :-)

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Yawn. What do you propose? If something better, let's consider it; if it's "no QA" the evidence of the number of applications which have had problems which should be fixed is pretty compelling (although I don't have them to hand); if it's "dunno, haven't got anything better" you're not adding value :-)
I think we should (finally) admit that 10 votes is too much and reduce number of required votes. I would say 5 is enough. It's arbitrary number but 10 voters was chosen on same basis.

Change wouldn't fix any fundamental flaws in the system but it would reduce a lot of hair pulling. I don't think 5 votes would reduce quality of passing packages because blockers are catched before 5 votes is reached and 10 days quarantine would still be there.