Notices

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
Very nice app, thank you Copernicus

An idea: would it be possible to make software to "record" keyset from an existing remote controller?
no because n900 doesn't have ir reciver, only transmitter

BTW very nice app, but what about xbox 360 keyset?

Last edited by pawelstryju; 2012-03-15 at 22:04.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
This will probably sound weird but I would very much appreciate if you could add/include the codes to control the Roomba vacuums to Pierogi.
Not weird at all! (After finding LIRC config files for the Furby and for the "Nature Bearries Butterfly Dreams", I don't think I'd be surprised by anything any more... )

From those links (and from some more config files in the LIRC collection) it doesn't look like the Roomba is using a standard protocol, but I don't think it'd be too much work to support. I'll give it a shot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
BTW very nice app, but what about xbox 360 keyset?
Looking at the data I've got, it would appear that some Xboxes use the standard "Media Center Edition" remotes that are also used on Windows PCs, and I've got those already under the "Microsoft" keysets. However, other config files are doing something completely different...

Ok, if I'm reading this right, the Xbox 360s are using the MCE remote keysets, and it's the original Xboxes that are using a different protocol. So, I've probably got your Xbox covered already. But I'll see about getting the older keyset in as well.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
@Copernicus:

I would like to check with you on a problem I have. This has happened twice to me and I am not sure if Pierogi is the culprit.

I have a fully charged battery, use Pierogi and quit the program. When I check my phone 2 hours later, the battery is in the red and almost flat.

Happened twice to me on two different days and the only thing I can think of was Pierogi. Other days, the battery is fine.

Do you need any more info from me?

Originally Posted by ajack View Post
I have a fully charged battery, use Pierogi and quit the program. When I check my phone 2 hours later, the battery is in the red and almost flat.

Happened twice to me on two different days and the only thing I can think of was Pierogi. Other days, the battery is fine.
Interesting! I have been trying to deal with excessive memory usage in Pierogi, but there's almost nothing in the program that should tax the CPU or otherwise consume power... Hmm.

If you don't mind, every little bit helps. Can you tell me what version of Pierogi you are running? Is this happening just from starting and stopping Pierogi, or do you use it for a while before closing the program? What keysets have you been using (perhaps I've got a bug in one of my IR protocol routines)?

And probably the best info, if it isn't too much of a hassle, is to pick a time when you can experiment with the phone, start up Pierogi, shut it down, and take a look at the running processes (with "top" or another such utility) and see if a zombie Pierogi process is running. That would certainly confirm that I've got a bug somewhere. Thanks!

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
This is interesting!
Never had any problems here.

Got into the habit of checking new testing and devel updates as I install them.
I use 'powertop' to make sure there's similar wake ups before and after.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
@Copernicus:

I would like to check with you on a problem I have. This has happened twice to me and I am not sure if Pierogi is the culprit.

Hi Copernicus,

Sorry for the late reply, problem was due to a faulty battery... my bad! Please don't kill me!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Simp!y great..thank you for a great app..

app works great at home.
I tried to have fun with a tv in a bar but the app didn't work there.
there were two flat screen LG tvs but the app didn't work.
I don't know the morels of the tvs. only they seemed to be around 30 inches

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by p900 View Post
app works great at home.
I tried to have fun with a tv in a bar but the app didn't work there.
there were two flat screen LG tvs but the app didn't work.
I don't know the morels of the tvs. only they seemed to be around 30 inches
It is possible on LG's (and others) to put them into advanced mode.
This can be used to disable the IR, to stop anybody bringing a remote from home to annoy their customers.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control