Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I just submitted my self-nomination to the mailing list,
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...er/005678.html

We need one more candidate to create a 5-member council. It's still not too late. Come aboard!
welcome on board!
I'm missing verification of your candidature by Woody yet (karma, account age). According to http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...e_declarations (also missing you there) you already should be #5 on the list of candidates for council. Which doesn't mean we couldn't use more candidates, but alas extended nomination period already closed anyway.

I mentioned it from beginning, I'm probably the worst candidate for council since my time to assign to this task is very limited and my diplomatic-fu is weak. So rather than getting separate bodies for council and HF board as ivgalvez suggested, you better consider who's best man for the position no matter if already in HF board or not. In the end that's for sure not me ;-)

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Thank you.

I can edit that wiki page if with my name if that is appropriate. I just was not sure if that should be done after verification.

My account on m.o. is dated February 2010 and I have a karma of 551 so eligibility should be ok.

http://maemo.org/profile/view/qwazix/

PS. I asked for more candidacies because in the bylaws it states that if you have less than 6 candidates, only three get elected. If the bylaws are to be followed (or is it the next time that they will first get in effect?) then the election will be held and 3 people will get elected.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-10-30 at 17:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I can edit that wiki page if with my name if that is appropriate.
I was hoping Jaffa and MisterC would continue that work in my absence, but since you clearly meet the requirments, please do update the wiki. Shouldn't be an issue, since those facts are verifiable by anyone.

I asked for more candidacies because in the bylaws it states that if you have less than 6 candidates, only three get elected. If the bylaws are to be followed (or is it the next time that they will first get in effect?) then the election will be held and 3 people will get elected.
The bylaws have nothing to do with this Council election cycle, only the election rules.

There is currently a conflict in the case of exactly 3 or exactly 5 candidates, which will need to eventually be repaired. That will require either a referendum to change the election rules to match the bylaws, or reversion of the bylaws to handle appointment vs extension for the case of exactly 3 or 5 candidates. I suspect the former will happen, since most people dislike the idea of automatic appointment vs extension and an election.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I just submitted my self-nomination to the mailing list,
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...er/005678.html

We need one more candidate to create a 5-member council. It's still not too late. Come aboard!
qwazix,

finally got around to update the Candidate declaration page.
apologies for the long delay

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by woody14619;1287683
The bylaws have nothing to do with this Council election cycle, only the [URL="http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council/Election_process"
election rules[/URL].

There is currently a conflict in the case of exactly 3 or exactly 5 candidates, which will need to eventually be repaired. That will require either a referendum to change the election rules to match the bylaws, or reversion of the bylaws to handle appointment vs extension for the case of exactly 3 or 5 candidates. I suspect the former will happen, since most people dislike the idea of automatic appointment vs extension and an election.
This is an obvious bug in Council rules, but it wouldn't make sense to have a voting if we have 4 candidates but not with 5. In this case, we should vote for a 3 members Council. I hope Jaffa could clarify.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
This is an obvious bug in Council rules, but it wouldn't make sense to have a voting if we have 4 candidates but not with 5. In this case, we should vote for a 3 members Council. I hope Jaffa could clarify.
This accidental loophole has been annoying me for years, but the rules are as written and require a referendum for any change. Neither Jaffa, the council or any other community member has any special powers to change the wording otherwise.

Anyway, this is the last time these rules apply. If we have another election it will be for the Hildon Foundation community council, not the maemo.org one, under the HF bylaws which have already fixed this.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
can we leave fixing the rules for after the vote, maybe?
when can we vote, btw???

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
can we leave fixing the rules for after the vote, maybe?
when can we vote, btw???
If there are exactly 3 or 5 candidates we can't, they are all appointed to the council automatically with no vote required.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@all
So YOUR chance to get into council and move smth.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

that's the way i like elections ¦-))))))

when does the new Council enter function?