Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
It also seems to murder my battery.
That doesn't sound good. I'm curious about your usage patterns. Do you regularly keep Dialcentral continuously open? How heavily do you use it? Do you frequently refresh the tabs? Do you have notifications enabled? How frequently are they set to go off?

For those having issues with Notifications, I'm curious on how you would like me to prioritize my time.

Should I focus in the short term on:
  • Dialcentral Notifications working
  • Disable notifications and focus on The One Ring

My inclination is the latter but that is because notifications have never been a use case for me.

As for the calling issues, is anyone feel comfortable on the command line and is very patient that they would be willing to be a guinea pig?

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Epage, I'm happy to be a guinea pig. Shoot me an email or PM with what you'd like for me to try and I'll see what I can do after work.
As for short term focus, I'd vote for The One Ring myself, but it's your rodeo- don't let us dictate what you work on; do what's fun for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
Epage:
Notifications are important to me, but it seems in the long-run that The One Ring is better for basically everyone. Integration with the system SMS and dialer apps is something even Android doesn't have, so winning that battle will make me smile an evil little smile

The Following User Says Thank You to superhyper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Central NY
I'm stilling getting that same error message I posted earlier. What is the cause? I've pulled the battery thinking a reboot might help...

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Epage: I'm willing to change to OneRing if it's available on my N810. I've been impressed with DialCentral and your devotion to your creation. Thank you very much. It's wonderful that you care about your users but don't let us make your development efforts unrewarding and enjoyable to you.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Has anyone else had this issue? I try to place a call and it goes nowhere. I can login just fine and after I hit dial, a box even shows up that says dialing + the number, but then nothing happens. I can text with Dialcentral and I can receive calls with Gizmo with no problems but I just can't seem to get anywhere when I try to call. I am running Dialcentral 1.0.8-5 on N810.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cheetos316 View Post
Has anyone else had this issue? I try to place a call and it goes nowhere. I can login just fine and after I hit dial, a box even shows up that says dialing + the number, but then nothing happens. I can text with Dialcentral and I can receive calls with Gizmo with no problems but I just can't seem to get anywhere when I try to call. I am running Dialcentral 1.0.8-5 on N810.

Thanks!
Probably the last 10 pages on this thread are related to issues with callbacks and Gizmo. On 1.0.9 you at least get an error message though it is cryptic.

I unfortunately can't get gizmo to work at all. My short term work around is to suggest using sipgate instead.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by epage View Post
For those having issues with Notifications, I'm curious on how you would like me to prioritize my time.

Should I focus in the short term on:
  • Dialcentral Notifications working
  • Disable notifications and focus on The One Ring

My inclination is the latter but that is because notifications have never been a use case for me.

As for the calling issues, is anyone feel comfortable on the command line and is very patient that they would be willing to be a guinea pig?
My vote is for Dialcentral Notifications working because I have n810 so One Ring doesn't help me. Yes I can do a little command line for you.

My hope is to get The One Ring onto Maemo 4.1 but that is a lesser priority...

I just pushed 1.0.10-4 to the autobuilder. It should get notifications working again (I broke them in an earlier 1.0.10 build), reduce false positives, provide notification logging (~/.dialcentral/notifier.log), and make it so if you use the custom sound notifier, you can specify the location of the sound file

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post: