Mine does this sometimes, but not always. Haven't been able to figure out what causes it. Also, I am not sure if this has always been the case, but the charging indicator on the screen does not switch positions. This only happens if I charge when my N9 is switched off. If I charge it while it is switched on, it the charging indicator switches position.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post
Whenever I turned my phone off and charge it via AC adapter or computer it always turn itself back on and charges. Does anyone else have this issue and is there anyway to fix this? My N9 16GB started acting like this after the PR1.2 update.
I have the same issue with my N9 while my wifes phone acts as its supposed to be (i.e. after the battery runs dead / has been powered off and the phone is put on the charger it starts act dead mode without powering it on). Now my N9 powers on and I wonder how can I fix it permanently without reflashing the whole thing?

Any clues?

Best regards,
Nek

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Brazil
Mine is running PR 1.3 ( N950 ). I did a reflash and it is Ok, untiI I enable the developer mode. I think the problem is the developer mode.Turning the developer mode doesn' t help. needs another reflash.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Turning off developer mode does not uninstall the things developer mode installed. It just turns off the mode. You can uninstall some of those things before turning it off, however.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Turning off developer mode does not uninstall the things developer mode installed. It just turns off the mode. You can uninstall some of those things before turning it off, however.
You are correct. But the problem is detect what file of developer mode is causing this problem. If someone can help ....

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
See this post, it might help http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...31&postcount=2

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ St Helens, England.
The terminal says 'init: not found'
what should I do?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by Callum.Brierly View Post
The terminal says 'init: not found'
what should I do?
init is in /sbin, which isn't in user's $PATH by default.

/sbin/init should work the same.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Hi guys, I'm not sure how to use the init 5 command... If I plug the charger the phone turns itself on, then when it's ready I should open terminal and type as root "init 5" and the phone will go to charging mode (battery icon only) right? After that the behaviour of the phone will be normal or should I do something else? Thanks!

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
This auto-switch-on on charger ia very annoying and it'a probably preventing recalibration of wife's battery in her n9 (or maybe its some shortage on-board, but battery behaves very strange).

Anyway, nobody really knows(after so many years) how to change that phone behaviour in developer-mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post: