Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Interesting article from theregister.com.

Are analysts delusional?

Are shareholders sh**ing themselves?

At £429 is it good value for money?

Do you really care?

What colour underpants am I wearing today?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It should've read

"Bullsh** analysts: N8 will save Nokia"
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
lol

u never list to analysts - they write it because they are told to write it

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well I suppose that if the comment about the operators being interested in the N8 holds true, then there could be.some truth to this prediction...

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
I do not think it will *save* Nokia because Nokia is not in the same state as Palm was... But it will give a bit of fresh air and (hopefully) stop the hemorrhagic high-end (note high end please) slide of marketshare.

I do not see why N8 is not going to be a very good seller and you will see Nokia trumpeting "millions of N8s sold". Still I am waiting to see what they bring with MeeGo (not even the "N9") and Symbian^4.

I would believe that this is a good strategy for now. Bring N8 with very good features, still try to be relevant and build some much needed developer support and come back full force with the next devices. If not then I guess some concrete shoes would go well with whatever they will be wearing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:
429£ is probably in the low range for such a device, so yeah good value for money s long as you aren't allergi to symbian like me.

If the photos and video rival decent "point &shoot camera's" then yes.. n8 will sell like hotcakes to the 'average' consumer... else its gonna bomb.

I suspect its the E7 that will bomb if its Symbian.. the UI layout and overrall feel is just outdated when compared to the competition. Nokia can remedy this by promising dual boot support with Meego, but they won't.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Nokia can remedy this by promising dual boot support with Meego, but they won't.
They have enough problems supporting (or not supporting to be more accurate) single-OS devices. Their problem is differentiation - too many models differentiated by the number and nature of defect - instead of making a few top-notch models and support them properly, they make loads of crippled ones and give them little or no support.

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
They have enough problems supporting (or not supporting to be more accurate) single-OS devices. Their problem is differentiation - too many models differentiated by the number and nature of defect - instead of making a few top-notch models and support them properly, they make loads of crippled ones and give them little or no support.
Yes, it does look like Nokia is going back to its "old ways" of removing features from one model to save sales on another model. Eg.

Will E7 have xenon flash? or have same video/photo quality but at lower res?

Why would anyone buy the E7 knowing the N9 is coming very soon? the only solution is to allow dual boot Meego or at least "hint" that it can be hacked to do so.

The E7 hardware design is an absolute dream form factor, but I'm going to hold off until the N9 details are revealed.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
lol

u never list to analysts - they write it because they are told to write it
exactly. When analysts say something, one should contra them because

a) they know too little about things they analyze
b) they have certain motives
c) they function as packs and follow others blindly

with n8 it has been pretty convenient to bash it when everything is pure speculation and their word matters because of lack of real information (stock reacts down=they are buying) and turn around when there are clear indications of success (further boost stock up=they are selling)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: