Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
You could probably do it in open mode or using inception, but then no-dice getting the application to Nokia Store.

Apart from that, using Upstart is AFAIK the only possibility.
As much as I would like to do it (and have faith in the community) I have doubts on the fact of it being worth it without Nokia store . To my knowledge, Nokia store is the only good distribution spot for N9 apps left..
But then again, better than letting if die of dust in some disk..
Edit : I assume providing a patched version of the aplifed to the store (as a free app) is not an option as well?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-05-16 at 14:42.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Why is your application so critical that it can not wait 2-3 minutes for it to start? Most people are not constantly rebooting their phone, I think.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Ofcourse there is a way to inject yourself into prestarted list if you implement that in settings UI where you can choose what mode to start in and most likely you can even pass QA since in that way deb package is not using any unallowed paths.

BUT, unfortunately for you, I won't be telling how to, since /etc/init/apps is imho enough for normal apps.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Why is your application so critical that it can not wait 2-3 minutes for it to start? Most people are not constantly rebooting their phone, I think.
It is not that "critical", really - nothing extraordinary.
But the fact that it is not available from minute 0 defies the purpouse of the app... Just pushing hard to get my vision through here, nothing else really .

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Ofcourse there is a way to inject yourself into prestarted list if you implement that in settings UI where you can choose what mode to start in and most likely you can even pass QA since in that way deb package is not using any unallowed paths.

BUT, unfortunately for you, I won't be telling how to, since /etc/init/apps is imho enough for normal apps.

Would you PM it to me tho?

EDIT : Just a side note, I am not trying to say that UpStart is not good; on the contrary, upstart would be great as well if it could get my app up as soon as the homeview is on. I am forced to find other solutions, in order to get the app to run as expected, as UpStart does not seem to just be the solution I am looking for.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-05-17 at 17:14.