Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Will there be a flashable image or is it strictly bundled with a new device.
Why do you care?
Even if it's bundled, the first person to buy can dump the whole emmc for anybody with Xperia X.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Why do you care?
Even if it's bundled, the first person to buy can dump the whole emmc for anybody with Xperia X.
For me it's a big difference, for jolla too. I look at it from a market perspective. Is this just a alpha demo for potential partners or do jolla actually wants attract new end users with this move.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
There won't be any new users attracted. Open your eyes. Why would anybody prefer Sailfish instead of Android (now! those who wanted already got themselves jolla1/c, intex).
So it's a nowadays HW for Jolla fans and to demonstrate current state to Gov'ts, local telcos and companies.
Don't wait for any breakthru.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
There won't be any new users attracted. Open your eyes. Why would anybody prefer Sailfish instead of Android (now! those who wanted already got themselves jolla1/c, intex).
So it's a nowadays HW for Jolla fans and to demonstrate current state to Gov'ts, local telcos and companies.
OK, sounds good to me as long as we get the option to receive/donate 2nd part of the refund soon.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yes, a break thru with Sony looked possible for like 1 day when Jolla sported the Booth logo and rumors went wild but it became apparent the next day when Sony stayed quiet on questions that they just let Jolla play with their hardware.

Nevertheless, i get asked multiple times a month where to buy a sfos device after i (still) show around trusty old Jp1 during small talk when i meet new folks. Awareness is zero, interest is high after much communication effort (yeah, bad from marketing aspect).

Also i hear from some people who abonedoned jp1 because auf low hw specs, could or want not get Jolla C and wait for sfos on recent spec devices.

Thats where the flashable image comes in.
It should be official with complete features and cost some 10-20€ so everyone mildely interested can get a cheap used XX and try.
There will be no breakthrough, right. Still new geeks want to flash, let them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Open your eyes. Why would anybody prefer Sailfish instead of Android
1. Updates
2. No privacy harmed
3. Not crammed with bloatware: choose what you want (fair)
4. Root access
5. Where are the advertisements?
6. Not willing to pay a company's 70% profitmargin for harming your privacy, cramming it with bloatware and adds.
7 (possible) android support through Alien Dalvik.

At the end, those issues are real. Google has proven it values a profitmargin of 70% on Android over their customers values (privacy, add-loading, bloatware).
If we can all agree on Google intentions, your question should be: why don't people prefer Sailfish over Android?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
1. Updates
2. No privacy harmed
3. Not crammed with bloatware: choose what you want (fair)
4. Root access
5. Where are the advertisements?
6. Not willing to pay a company's 70% profitmargin for harming your privacy, cramming it with bloatware and adds.
7 (possible) android support through Alien Dalvik.

At the end, those issues are real. Google has proven it values a profitmargin of 70% on Android over their customers values (privacy, add-loading, bloatware).
If we can all agree on Google intentions, your question should be: why don't people prefer Sailfish over Android?
I've been using a Sony Xperia XA for about a month now, let me tell you something:

1. Updates <-- Use any custom rom if updates are not coming anymore
2. No privacy harmed <-- Use XPrivacy
3. Not crammed with bloatware: choose what you want (fair) <-- Root, and you can uninstall everything you want
4. Root access <-- You can root Android devices as well
5. Where are the advertisements? <-- Root, and you can remove all ads, even inside apps.
6. Not willing to pay a company's 70% profitmargin for harming your privacy, cramming it with bloatware and adds. <-- See all the points above.
7 (possible) android support through Alien Dalvik. <-- Native Android support, instead of half working dalvik.

I'm actually pretty happy with my rooted Sony XA.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
@HtheB could hou diagnose me:

I have iphone7 from work , I have Ipad4 ( got this because needed some apps , some time ago)
And natuealli JP1 , Jolla-c , Aquafish , and JTab. For net browsing I use any other than apple. Am I sick?

For reason unknown the user interface of sailfish just works.
So I don't be amazwd if some one really wants experia with SF

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
@HtheB could hou diagnose me:

I have iphone7 from work , I have Ipad4 ( got this because needed some apps , some time ago)
And natuealli JP1 , Jolla-c , Aquafish , and JTab. For net browsing I use any other than apple. Am I sick?

For reason unknown the user interface of sailfish just works.
So I don't be amazwd if some one really wants experia with SF
I have the solution for you as well: Xposed Edge

With this app, I can use my Android device the SAME as I use my Sailfish device. (swiping from the edges)
Swiping from the sides gets me to the home, swiping up the app drawer, and swiping down closes the running app.

Last edited by HtheB; 2017-05-27 at 08:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I have the solution for you as well: Xposed Edge

With this app, I can use my Android device the SAME as I use my Sailfish device.
Swiping from the sides gets me to the home, swiping up the app drawer, and swiping down closes the running app.
But does it have python, nodejs, make & autotools & gcc on it?
The other day last week I needed nmap so I just cloned it from github and compiled on the device...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x