So, on Nokias support page they have listed the above as the latest software. Which is what my 770 has installed. Only thing is they say it is available but one you enter your MAC address and proceede to download page all you can get is the software update wizard. Can you get the system software elsewhere? Nokia, sort it out huh??

Did anyones 770 come with a cd with the software on it?
Mine didnt.

I think that when you enter the MAC adress, and your 770 is known as one with the latest software delivered, the update file is not availible.

You would think that they would make that available though whether it be as a download or on a CD in the box??

Originally Posted by gristle
You would think that they would make that available though whether it be as a download or on a CD in the box??
According to one of the Maemo lists, reflashing is the only way to do a hard reset so not being able to download the same version of software as you are already running seems to me to be a bit of a pain.

It's not like you could distribute it to others to run on different hardware

Fingers crossed they update their site. Seems no use displaying the current software version, offering the updater but not making the update available.. I would like the software in case of some kind of disaster

Hi
You can download the image here; http://maemo.org/downloads/nokia_770.php

worked for me

Good stuff. Thanks very much!!