Ajalkane,

Sorry to be bringing this over from another post about bluetooth settings via nfc tag. But since this is possible in profilematic are there other tasks/apps, changes to the phone that could be programmed into these tags through profilematic? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I can understand the use case. I'll write it down, though I can't promise when/if it'll be implemented.
Thanks...it is also not super important or a showstopper but currently a bit of annoyance to set myself offline every time I go online after coming from 2 of my locations (where I use the wireless availibility).

In general I really like your tool! Makes my N9 really a "smart" phone

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Ajalkane,

Sorry to be bringing this over from another post about bluetooth settings via nfc tag. But since this is possible in profilematic are there other tasks/apps, changes to the phone that could be programmed into these tags through profilematic? Thanks.
Yes. You can do pretty much anything.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
It is possible to add a profile setting for no signal, but the phone should handle that just correctly as it is for your use case? I mean, if you were logged on when signal is lost, then you're obviously not anymore in Skype, SIP etc. But when the signal is regained the phone automatically reconnects those chat accounts if you were online when signal was lost.
No. I have a profile for Office, which does not login to Skype, SIP, etc. It switches to that profile without any issues when I get to the office.

When I walk to the computer room area, where there is no signal, it switches back to default profile, which tries to connect to all services even when there is no signal.

Anyway, thank you very much for developing such an awesome app for N9. This issue kind of messes me up, but the app works great on every other situation.

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2012-11-07 at 13:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Yes. You can do pretty much anything.
Glad to to hear. Can it be done with the current version of profilematic? I am about to grab and make a donation so I haven't used it yet.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
No. I have a profile for Office, which does not login to Skype, SIP, etc. It switches to that profile without any issues when I get to the office.

When I walk to the computer room area, where there is no signal, it switches back to default profile, which tries to connect to all services even when there is no signal.
I see. So I guess if I add to internet connection condition something like 'no connection', it should solve your problem?

Glad to to hear. Can it be done with the current version of profilematic?
Yes. Download it, fiddle around, and ask if there's something you're unsure how to do with it.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I see. So I guess if I add to internet connection condition something like 'no connection', it should solve your problem?
Yes. Something like that.

I am not quite sure if you should be looking for No internet connection or No cell tower found.

Thank you.

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2012-11-08 at 12:48.

Yes. Download it, fiddle around, and ask if there's something you're unsure how to do with it.
Got it, played with it and noticed there isn't a setting for opening up "x" application as a condition when nfc activated. The only thing I can think of is to go into custom setting and enter terminal command for "x" application? Any way to simplify this? Bluetooth condition works great with nfc tag, but everytime I activate it keeps telling me the tag is empty and I constantly have to hit "ok" Can profilematic be used to program tags as well? I also would like to enable/disable the wlan scan toggle if that is possible. I know it's a sh** ton of questions so I apologize in advance. I am preparing another big donation for you because this app is pretty freaking awesome as is. Take care.

Got it, played with it and noticed there isn't a setting for opening up "x" application as a condition when nfc activated. The only thing I can think of is to go into custom setting and enter terminal command for "x" application? Any way to simplify this?
Custom action can be used to launch applications. I do have intention to add a separate action for launching applications so that it'd be more user friendly, but it's not coming soon.

Bluetooth condition works great with nfc tag, but everytime I activate it keeps telling me the tag is empty and I constantly have to hit "ok"
That's unfortunately N9's "feature" and it can't be disabled.

Can profilematic be used to program tags as well?
No. Did not seem to make any sense to add such functionality as there's plenty of applications already for that, and it's not really what ProfileMatic is about anyway. I did experiment whether I could get rid of the NFC dialog by adding some ProfileMatic specific tag, but that did not help.

I also would like to enable/disable the wlan scan toggle if that is possible.
Adding it into custom action will do that, for example:

Code:
xdg-open /usr/share/applications/togglewlanscan_harmattan.desktop
I know it's a sh** ton of questions so I apologize in advance.
This is a support thread so no apologies needed for asking questions. Thankfully these were easy ones to answer also

I am preparing another big donation for you because this app is pretty freaking awesome as is.
Thank you. For the praise and donation, much appreciated.