Active Topics

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
Originally Posted by droll View Post
how much space do you potentially save with [removing all of the extra language files]?
I've seen anywhere from about 5 to 15 meg, depending on how many things I have installed (or upgraded) since I last cleaned it.

- John

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
What was the point of the .games folder anyways? Did Nokia expect it to be used or something?
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
15 mb? I saved about 80 mb with links And I still have 50 mb free memory for apps...

Could you expand some more on your method Kroll? just the other day I had to do a whole clean up because I had NO space. Cleaned out the locals and rebooted, and got some space back. I'm interested in your method. If I could simply stay away from using the flash unless it's needed, that would rock.

Thing is that after you install some application just move it from /usr/share/ to /media/mmc2/usr/share and link it. At least 80% of app will be moved to mmc2 and you have saved space.

Link it using emelFM2. I guess I was confused about being able to just move the app from /usr/share/ to /mediammc2/usr/share and link it, with out having to do anything special. Just that simple? I LOVE when things are easy ^_^. Don't worry, if I break it, I understand I'm the one that broke it.

Yep, it is very easy. Just use emelfm2 to link it.
Okey, about mounting and umounting mmc2. Just make two partitions: first one with swap and /usr/share and /home/user and second - your data. Then you will be able to umount your partition with data when ever you want, even swap is in use.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
So, after a typo accidentally deleted all of /usr/share/locale/* I'm somewhat concerned. Is there any way someone could send me the English locale files? i'll happily pass on an email address if anyone is interested...

(Oops.)

Andy

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
Originally Posted by akorvemaker View Post
So, after a typo accidentally deleted all of /usr/share/locale/* I'm somewhat concerned. Is there any way someone could send me the English locale files? i'll happily pass on an email address if anyone is interested...

(Oops.)

Andy
Nevermind. I realized I could mount another partition and steal the files from there. I'm happy again.

Andy