Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
liqbase is not complete, but it is usable, I draw and write with it every day.

I remember what I need for dinner.
I recall code ideas.
I write down bugs.
I design interfaces.
I review and recall and smile.
I play with resizing and moving things around.
most of all, I like to doodle.

It saved my bacon in Berlin.

Its installed on an mmc on my machine and runs directly out of a source folder.
It needs cleaning up and polishing and it can be a really nice end user app with a killer set of features from what I've just seen at the summit

There are bugs - quite deep within something occasionally locks - it can be kill -9ed but it shouldnt happen and it runs over the same code millions of times a day and gets vigerous testing and i believe its nothing in the code I am writing.
It is not hildonized and will close itself if you either lock the device, press home menu key, or the screen dims. All sortable but rarely an issue because everything is SO fast closing and reopening the application at will is painless.

it has hard written paths for the sketches (/media/mmc1/_apg it used to be /home/user/MyDocs/_apg so on the off chance you have some old sketches)

I've unsynced from the svn so far now someone will have to rematch it up - its hurting my head to think about it.

It would be great if a few people would run through the code and remove any obvious mistakes or additions which may have crept in and it would be great if those intrepid people managed to identify and document all the fixed paths I know I've put in.

Its written in an evolving pattern, earlier modules use one toolkit to be replaced wholesale by ones with a new iteration.

I'm tempted to let you lot have a copy of my notes.
They describe the changes and tweaks and observations I've made with the code over time, once I get the tagging and grouping code in place I will tag and export them for you.

I would like to hope liqbase can grow into an amazing application not just for this device, but for future devices as well.

This will be a private beta stage and I will need some help in setting up a lot of things, let me know here if you are interested and how you can help.

I'll amend this with a youtube video once I find the lead to the camera.

Here it is, note - there is a lack of a Northern accent this time, I'm coming down with some sore throaty thing and my voice sounds worse than usual.
liqbase overview 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfuY_fglmD8

################################################## #

Open beta package is available on liqbase.net (save you reading all the notes)
http://liqbase.net/

There are extensive notes about each are now, so pop over to liqbase.net to see.

People have noted there is a graphical glitch when run for the first time.
If this occurs, just press esc to close and reopen and it should be gone.
Its being investigated now.

################################################## #

Last edited by lcuk; 2008-10-16 at 02:34.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
I'd love to help out, my only problem being how much time I can spend doing it, but if you have a few of us going through and doing stuff that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I program in C and C++ (and a few other languages) for work, and have been using svn for a while.
Hopefully I can contribute.

Last edited by codeMonkey; 2008-09-25 at 08:38. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
+1 for moral support. That's all I'm good for. I assume you are going to remove all the hard paths, that is good. Oh, and I think everyone wants to look at the code and use the new versions! Please release!

Just a question, what does _apg stand for?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
"private beta stage"?

So the code isn't open source/free software? What license do you plan using for this app?

Originally Posted by thp View Post
"private beta stage"?

So the code isn't open source/free software? What license do you plan using for this app?
The software is currently licensed under the GPL, it will continue to be.
When this version is released it will be Open Source.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
heh,
I needed a folder name which stuck at the top of the list as much as possible.
it was originally just _pg for page, but some stupid file managers ignores the _ and listed it in with the "p"s

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
+1 for moral support. That's all I'm good for.
Heh your moral support made me dig in last time and identify a big bug.
It is more than enough help to simply run it and help stop the mistakes I know I've made.

So when can we get our filthy mitts on it?

As soon as I am sure I haven't left any clangers in there and there is a decent package.
I would like the end user to have a decent experience with the app and not have trouble installing and configuring it

However, if you want to beta test and run through the dirty version I am more than happy to have your support.

video: liqbase overview 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfuY_fglmD8

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Yep, as said above, I'm more than willing to help out.

Just watched the youtube video - that's looking fantastic!