Notices

Ach so, but therein lies the rub.

I wasn't able to search (and should I really have to if I already have the URL) the video since everything was in Chinese (it was a music video about Tiananmen massacre) and initially I didn't even know any details about the video except its URL.

Well I did manage to open the direct youtube URL in the browser and get the author's ID (in ASCII) which then allowed me to search for videos and somehow decipher which one I was supposed to watch.

Still, considering that people often send direct youtube URLs it would be nice to be able to use those in mYTube.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
if one copy the youtube page url, one can paste that in the search bar, or use the special tool for that in the menu, and then hit search to find that exact video.

works here at least...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Tso, thanks for letting me know how it should work. mYTube works as designed, it was a case a PEBKAC: I initially copied the URL off desktop manually and naturally O-> 0 (I hate it when they don't have the slashes...)

Fixed that and the search function found the video in no time.

Maybe my user error suggests there could be a feedback message when no hits are found? I was left thinking that nothing happened even behind the scenes.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
would have been kinda interesting of tear and/or webkit-eal could detect a youtube url and insert a mytube launch button

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
press search, paste the url, hit search, it will recognise it as an youtube link, will list it and you can hit play

Does this work with other flash based player websites?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I hope that this isn't necroposting but this is the relevent thread...
I want to use the mytube upload feature but its blanked out along with the login button.
Is there a way to use it? The browser upload is memory intensive and sharepy does not work for me.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
it's not yet implemented. the fact that mplayer is not yet ported to freemantle also lowers my moral to continue pushing features.
does freemantle comes with a youtube upload feature?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Oh. Well I guess I'll just use the browser then..

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Mytube works great on PC, for watching teh Utube without teh eebil Flash in browser.

Download the mytube .deb to pc.

Extract that shizbang with dpkg -X mytube1@#!@#..deb /

Install the Depends if needed: python2.5, python2.5-gtk2, python-gdata | gdataclient | gdata-python

i'd like to get some soufpark.py action too, but don't see how to activate it

cheers, great tool