Notices

Rtcomm has been working great up until yesterday with Yahoo. Now it no longer will connect and is giving a Network Error like it was doing a couple of months ago. The latest Pidgin is working fine but I have everything set up through RTCOMM and don't want to loose that. Anyone have any fixes? I had the edited hosts file with

Code:
202.43.216.31 scs.msg.yahoo.com
in it I've even added cn at the beginning and still nothing.

Hoping someone else is using RTCOMM and Yahoo and can shed some light if they are experiencing the same issue.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Did you just remove the "cn." part?

I'm only guessing on this but you might need to change that IP address as well to match your new setting.

Sorry but I don't use RTCOMM. What are the advantages of using it?

Advantages of RTCOMM is that the messaging is all tied into the system. no seperate application running.

This setup was from the last time Pidgin and RTCOMM stopped working with Yahoo. Got the info from here.

I'm just afraid all the people who use RTCOMM just got their N900's at the Maemo Summit and this will never be solved.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaysin22 For This Useful Post:
I'm currently Googling "scs.msg.yahoo.com" to see if I can't find an answer for ya.

Long shot here but try changing your ip address thing to this in your settings.

Edit:
Taken from a post made a long time ago. Haven't really found anything through Google about current problems.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...351/comments/6

Last edited by Addison; 2009-10-09 at 20:48.

Yeah I found that as well and have tried that as well as pinging the yahoo cn.scs and scs addresses to get the IP's but that didn't work either.

Well 202.43.216.31 matches with cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com

Since the China servers or whatever are down try finding some place different to use.

http://www.robtex.com/cnet/202.43.216.html

Other than that, I can't help you chief.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
On my Linux desktop it works fine, with libpurple 2.6.1 and 2.6.2. So I recommend to try a newer libpurple (specifically, libyahoo.so and libymsg.so.*) for armel. Here it is for Debian Squeeze armel.

Hey jaysin, did you ever get around to problem solving for this?

If so, mind posting your solution?

Addison, nope nothing yet. I haven't done a reflash to see if something just got screwed up since no one is saying they are having any issues.