A "real" fake N9? Not the one with the Java mish-mash OS but running Meego? Is it possible?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ KL, Msia
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
WoW...just the other days i saw fake N900 here...really 98% just like the real deal...the different is the menu(system) & no...

Code:
ARM Cortax-48 /32Gb                Designed In Finland
at the back (if you slide open the keyboard)
Cortax? Must be a top of the line RISC CPU. At least they spelled ARM correctly, and not LEG or something.

Speaking of brands, Chinese companies always have three words on them, like YSL or WSL, because it is actually the name of the owner of the company. Example Wong Ching Chan = WCC. Yes, they are very unimaginative people, hence the ripoffs. Be forewarned.

Damn these dishonorable Chinese conman, always wanting to make a quick buck at the expense of others.

Good luck to the topic poster, hope he gets his money back. I once got scammed with an N95 too, but that was only $100. I sorta knew something was fishy when I saw "Made In Finland" on the batteries, but I'm a gullible noob.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
This is the more common fake N9. Even more dangerous due to good build quality making it harder to recognise as a KIRF.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
For future buyers, is there a means of verifying a device, by say IMEI?
Yes, you can always call Nokia in your region and confirm if it's a real Nokia phone via the IMEI.. I've done that when I bought my N82 from Amazon (it was from a 3rd party store) and I got a "Made in China" one; which I thought it was fake but Nokia confirmed that it was real.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
This is the more common fake N9. Even more dangerous due to good build quality making it harder to recognise as a KIRF.

UglyLookingUIPicture
Lol yeah beware of those KIRFs, even the OS in them are crappy!

Last edited by bandora; 2011-11-18 at 23:17.

As if you needed any more evidence *sigh*

Does anybody know if all the fake N9's are blatantly obvious like the one in the OP? I just received my N9 today and everything looks correct, but one thing that is keeping my wary is that the phone came with noise-cancelling headphones, whereas in all the videos I have come across and articles I have read about it have the N9 coming with non noise-cancelling headphones.

I'm probably just worrying too much since I am in the U.S. and had to buy it through a third-party on Amazon, but if anyone could let me know a definitive way of how to tell if the phone is genuine, I would be extremely grateful. Or if anyone else has had a pair of noise-cancelling headphones shipped with theirs, that might ease my worries as well.

Originally Posted by tdashroy View Post
Does anybody know if all the fake N9's are blatantly obvious like the one in the OP?
You should be able to spot the fake N9 at a glance. They come with 240x320 resolution and run their own "proprietary OS" which is a jumble of Java and Symbian with some ios thrown in. They even come with dual SIM support, one up on the N9.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post

hahahaha good one!