where is jolla manufactured? made in finland?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Asia. Possibly partly designed in Finland.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Box says "Made in China. Designed in Finland", in the reverse order.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
The Mac FUSE based ext2/3 support is pretty unreliable IME. The Paragon software is kind of ok but $40.
No I'm sure there's more than this, later (time permitting) I'll try to dig up...

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I formatted my sdxc 64Gb card to Btrfs -filesystem in Jolla. Everything went okay and after manual mounting happily moved all my music and pic files back to card from /home/nemo/...

I also changed the /usr/sbin/mount-sd.sh script according instructions in Jollausers.forum (it might be also here in TMO) and now the mounting of btrfs-card does not fail when rebooting.

Jolla SD card

I still have to make a soft link from sdcard to Music and Picture folders to be able to use them with Media or Gallery. Maybe some update will fix this one.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I formatted my sdxc 64Gb card to FAT32 on Windows 7 32bit computer using program FAT32program: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm and it works on Jolla without any problems. I have 3 folders on my sd card - Videos, Music and Photos. I did not had to do any mounting operations from command line - all content was recognized automatically by Sailfish programs within few minutes after installing sd card to Jolla (for sd card install / removal I do not power off Jolla).

*Only one thing bothers me - when I connect Jolla to my computer over usb I can only see my phone memory and not the sd card. For coping files to sd card I have to remove it from the phone and install it to my laptop (Lenovo X200s) sd card reader using the adapter. Would be more convinient to have direct access over usb.

Last edited by Silwer; 2014-01-04 at 19:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Just ordered a Transcend TS64GUSDU1 microSD, was nearly ordering a Sandisk equivalent, but then checked, Sandisk is US-based. Good luck NSAdisk...

/paranoia?

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-01-04 at 20:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
As I wanted to give my Jolla another chance I've reinstalled the native apps (except Alien Darvik) today and Mitakuuluu. Except tiny lags in the UI it was again a great experience, just love that swiping!

Still most of the programs lack features - music player, editing pictures (to at least make them fit as ambience wrong dimension by default even!), etc.
Didn't wanted to give up hope even when the NFC - battery drain is not fixed and kills the device so quick.
Then a new "feature" came across the screen after I've switched to 2G net only (though I'm not sure if this issue is connected): "SIM-Card was removed" - restart device to get the SIM working again.
Great - my Jolla never dropped on the ground or anything to get the mechanical SIM card mount/holder damaged.

I will send my Jolla back to Finland and might buy the second Phone when things are ironed out. Back to my n900 :/

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
After a couple of weeks of using the Jolla as my main phone, here are some new observations.

In the beginning I thought there were only minor glitches, but this is apparently not the case, at least from my experience. I see some people here have been struggling with WiFi in different flavors. Same here. Depending on the security settings of the hot spot at hand, the WiFi connection breaks randomly, and sometimes even a restart is required to get it to work again. I don't know if I'm the only one (or the first one ), bur I've experienced similar problems with Internet over 3G. From time to time, the phone was ending up in a loop of activating and deactivating data, where only a reboot would help. All this has been happening very often -- multiple times a day, to say the least. I really hope this gets fixed soon, because such basic features should work flawlessly. This should definitely be Jolla's top priority for the next update.

If we put the bugs aside, the phone is what I was hoping it would be. Some people here might disagree, but I dare say Alien Dalvik is one of its coolest features. It's so nice we don't have to trade the awesome UI, proper multitasking and full "linuxness" for the lack of undoubtedly useful, ubiquitous and mature Android apps. I didn't believe they could make it this good from day one, it really kicks a55 and will definitely help Jolla sell this thingy to the masses. Now I'm pretty sure they'll find their niche and survive on the market -- no doubt they deserve it.

P. S. I'm already so used to the Jolla's gestures that I'm constantly trying them out on other touch screens around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post

.... *Only one thing bothers me - when I connect Jolla to my computer over usb I can only see my phone memory and not the sd card. For coping files to sd card I have to remove it from the phone and install it to my laptop (Lenovo X200s) sd card reader using the adapter. Would be more convinient to have direct access over usb.
Erlier in this thread, att said :

In Terminal app run commands:

cd
ln -s /run/user/100000/media/sdcard .

(Notice the dot at the end of ln) After that you can access the microSD card with USB MTP (Jolla's normal PC connectivity) by going to directory "sdcard".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience