Active Topics

Notices

Ok, you can call me crazy, but one of the reasons, after the camera, hardware and os, to buy my N900 was gaming, especially Gameboy Advance.

So, for N8x0 there was Marat Fayzullin's VGBA.

I wonder (and hope) that there will be a hardware accellerated and/or well working GBA Emulator for Maemo 5.

I tried to send Marat a message through facebook, but unfortunately he didn't answer.

Has the community have an idea how to provide a good GBA Emulator? It would also fill the gap while there are no games at point of release of the N900.

Last edited by Rotkaeqpchen; 2009-09-30 at 12:55.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
infact i was expecting a psx emulator

The Following User Says Thank You to McLightning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I wonder if VisualBoy Advance might run. And maybe pcsx will to?

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I highly suspect that we'll see a strong emulator base on the N900.

Open pandora (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPandora) is an open source gaming hardware platform that runs very similar hardware as the N900 as well as the same OS (linux). There have already been NUMEROUS emulator ports to pandora including: PlayStation, Amiga, Super NES, Atari Jaguar and Sega Mega Drive (Genesis). I wouldn't be surprised to see a GBA emulator, or even perhaps an N64 emulator in the near future.

Using the keypad as a makeshift controller, the N900 should be a GREAT handheld system for some truly amazing older titles.

}:^)~

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2009-09-21 at 01:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Check out some PSX games on the pandora:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xXtYmZa4yM&feature=fvw

Wonderful, great news, great hardware and great future. I cant wait to play Final Fantasy on my N900.

The emulator and great hardware should put the N900 at the top of the list of the smartphone gaming list. Consider playing metal gear solid, or tomb raider on the road!

The iPhone is a great platform as well, but wothout a proper game pad, the experience may be lacking for many games. Using the N900 keypad as a controller gives it a tremendous advantage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
GBA on n810 ran like 80% of the realtime speed. There should be no problems with the n900

u have toremember... pandora is a GAMING CONSOLE by default... n900 is a INTERNET TABLET. there are optimizations needed on both to achieve major goals than the intended

The Following User Says Thank You to dukemagus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but how is the control pad for the N900?

Is it nice and gamey, able to freely move in all eight directions or more stiff and businessy like it is with the N8x0?

Personally though, why not just pick up a Gameboy Micro right now?

It's easily my favorite handheld (the DS really doesn't do anything for me), which is great since I have a backlog of about 60 games that I still need to finish.