Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
For the time we are waiting, here is an awesome interview with Allen Kay, the 60s & 70s XEROX Parc legend.
It is a long sunday read but very uplifting from tmo perspective.
Youyota tablet with linux and kbd comes very close to how Kay imagined his DynaBook to be imho.

To spark your interest, a short cite:
"nothing has yet been produced that fulfills the original specs for the Dynabook, including the iPhone and the iPad. In fact, mobile computers, he says, have turned out to be mind-numbing consumption devices".

Last edited by mosen; 2017-09-17 at 14:20.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
It's sunday 17th, no news...
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduV...sDPa/giphy.gif
what are you waiting for?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
what are you waiting for?
Tic-tac tic-tac tic-tac...

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
8 days til shipping! Whoop whoop!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
8 days til shipping! Whoop whoop!
how do you know?

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm trying to push Michael for update. He had some problem with components dealer. This product only had less than 800 units, supplier won't sell him anything under 3000. Nor the factory line. It's getting close to end of year industry is getting full powered it's no longer possible doing batch of 1000 any more. I'm helping him to work with Jolla more closely so that Jolla can help getting more orders which will ultimately solve the problem.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I'm trying to push Michael for update. He had some problem with components dealer. This product only had less than 800 units, supplier won't sell him anything under 3000. Nor the factory line. It's getting close to end of year industry is getting full powered it's no longer possible doing batch of 1000 any more. I'm helping him to work with Jolla more closely so that Jolla can help getting more orders which will ultimately solve the problem.
Intriguing!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
So at least we are facing a delay and if there are not enough orders in certain time frame, this is not going to happen?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
So at least we are facing a delay and if there are not enough orders in certain time frame, this is not going to happen?
Yes. That is probobly a correct assumtion. Sad but true.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
It will happen. Will have various ways solving it. I can't announce details now but I'm working on it.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os