I have just a curiosity. Is there around someone, besides me of course, who is worried about sar values? Keep in mind that n900 has a value which is not too low.

N900 has the maximum value of 0.8, which isn't so bad.
I'm not particularly concerned, I mean even oranges can give you cancer.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I personally think there's a big coverup on cell phone radiation issues by the mobile phones producers, operators and the governments.
It affects the mind.

The proof is in the direct correlation between the rise of mobile phone popularity and the rise of reality based tv shows.

PS: Btw, oranges are traditionally associated with mafia hits...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
N900 has the maximum value of 0.8, which isn't so bad.
I'm not particularly concerned, I mean even oranges can give you cancer.
Without the will to offend you, I have to say that you answer is rather silly. Rather than say that oranges can give you cancer, ask yourself why there is completely lack of information about sar value. They don't want to make people aware of the risk. Serious and independent studies (I mean without the financial support of the big companies) are saying just the contrary of what you are saying.
Further n900 is a tablet, so you have to keep near the eyes for a long time. wifi too is risky. But of course they are not giving the numbers.

maybe bad for my hands, cant remember last time i held it up to my head

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
http://sar.nokia.com/sar/index.jsp

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
Without the will to offend you, I have to say that you answer is rather silly. Rather than say that oranges can give you cancer, ask yourself why there is completely lack of information about sar value. They don't want to make people aware of the risk. Serious and independent studies (I mean without the financial support of the big companies) are saying just the contrary of what you are saying.
Further n900 is a tablet, so you have to keep near the eyes for a long time. wifi too is risky. But of course they are not giving the numbers.
What information about it should be more publicly available?
I agree to a few things, like the new law that states that the SAR value should be written on the box, and that information should be given publicly the same way as on a cigarette box. But seeing as this is soon going to happen, I'm not worrying too much.

What studies, though?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Last time I checked, WHO's research claimed that EM radiation doesn't affect the human body at all. (EDIT: at least, the kind of radiation that mobile phones emit, thanks for correction. Btw, it is very nicely explained in the below posts.)

Still, they said better safe than sorry, so they made up a value which every device should stay below.

BTW, the SAR value of every phone is (and must be) publicly available from the manufacturers home page as well as the authority's home page which verified it.

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-07-04 at 23:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
I remember reading a study which suggested that cell phone radiation absorbed by the brain when the phone is close to the head (such as while talking) can help prevent Alzheimer's disease. I **** you not.

I also have done the physics on this and I'm not worried. Human cells range in size from about ~.00076mm to ~.008mm. Human DNA is about .0000025mm wide (and MUCH longer). Ultraviolet radiation is on the order of 0.00001mm to 0.0004mm which you'll note correspond to about the size of a human cell. Human cells aren't directly resonant with ultraviolet radiation, but they are close and hence the danger posed by the powerful ultraviolet radiation of the sun.

Cell phone signals on the other hand are on the order of 158mm for the 1900 MHz spectrum and 353mm for the 850 MHz spectrum. Nowhere near the size of the human cell. This puts the human body pretty safely outside of the range of cell phone radiation being harmful. The human body is transparent to them.

Granted there could be structures within the human body that serve as decent antennae for electromagnetic energy on that wavelength, but the very low transmitted power of a cell phone, the dispersion of that power over a very wide range (effectively reducing that power even more), and the high resistance that any structure would probably have mean these structures are also not very likely to add any harm.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Until someone can come up with at least some plausible theory as to why I should be worried about cell phone radiation, I'm not going to worry about it. By this I mean some kind of explanation as to how it is physically possible for it to cause harm to my body.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kegetys For This Useful Post: