Notices

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
new version 0.1.5

+ improved/more space using kinetic list
+ video are cached by default instead of being saved
+ cached video can be stored withoud downloading (duh!! :P )
+ videos can be organized using tags
+ sorting by date for local files
- temporarily removed black theme
*fix: delete video
*fix: tags list coherence
* TODO: cached video explorer/cleaner
* TODO: more code restructure

help me with a confirmation
see http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=220
Hi,

i've just released the first version (be merciful ) of mYTube

home page is here http://mytube.garage.maemo.org/

some troubleshooting available here

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=16964&page=4

have fun !

Mihai

Last edited by iancumihai; 2008-12-17 at 11:16. Reason: new version

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to iancumihai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
w00t, you go man!

Thanks

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Thanks again. I've been running this for the last 2 hours on the side of my desk, and it really rocks.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Knightdale, NC
Hi - am I missing something? I can get it to run under OS2007HE, but I can't see anything in the center of the screen. When I click on any of the buttons surounding, it just shows a blank white screen.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Originally Posted by dburr10085 View Post
Hi - am I missing something? I can get it to run under OS2007HE, but I can't see anything in the center of the screen. When I click on any of the buttons surounding, it just shows a blank white screen.
yeap it tries to activate a finger friendly scrollbar that does not exist in os2007, hence an exception and the application hangs.

a fix should be ready soon

EDIT: here https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...tube_0.0.4.deb version 0.0.4

PS: I would need some help to figure out why the app won't start from Extras menu.

Cheers

Last edited by iancumihai; 2008-03-10 at 18:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to iancumihai For This Useful Post:
Doesn't work for me. Mplayer crashes when it tries to play the video. In the console I get a line that says, "MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: stop_maemo_screensaver".

And a couple of lines before that I get an error about dbus: "process 1807: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open '/var/lib/dbus/machine-id': No such file or directory. See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue. D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace."

EDIT: I fired up mplayer from the program list, and it shows a history of files opened in it. The youtube video I inititally tried to play is listed there on my internal memory card and I am able to play it by double tapping it. However I did notice that the audio isn't quite in sync with the video.

EDIT 2: It now works fine. I forgot I was still in root when I was launching from xterm :S. I was wondering why the buttons looked un-themed and such

Last edited by mscdex; 2008-03-10 at 18:22.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
PS: I would need some help to figure out why the app won't start from Extras menu.

Cheers
It starts for me from extras and plays a video. Thank you!

I'm having trouble tracking down the dependancies. I already have mplayer. Hopefully the Gdata python client libraries get put in maemo extras because I plan on using them a lot for developing maemo apps.

Thanks for making this application.

EDIT: I found what I need in the previous thread. Gah, and gdata for python IS in maemo extras. sweet.

Last edited by mudhoney; 2008-03-10 at 18:46.

Originally Posted by mudhoney View Post
I'm having trouble tracking down the dependancies. I already have mplayer. Hopefully the Gdata python client libraries get put in maemo extras because I plan on using them a lot for developing maemo apps.

Thanks for making this application.
I think I could only see python-gdata whilst in red pill mode. Although, I couldn't see the names of the packages because the column was too squished. So I ended up just doing apt-get install python-gdata as root (this was the only package I was missing).

WOW! Installed .04 and it seems to work great.... and it looks *beautiful* ... Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisak For This Useful Post: