Active Topics

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
im gonna miss my n900 now, my son throw it away into the water because angry while playing fruitninja, and booooom, its died now, try to fry it atm, sorry for OOT,
[OFF-TOPIC]
Holy fvck! Does your son have "666" engraved on this head?!
I don't even let my wife touch my N900s!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
@karam
as i said many times i really admire your work, i was just trying to help out someone..i have nothing to discuss in bp thread, last time i did that i had exactly same reboot problem and you and other people said hat it was a known issue of kp49...and then freemangordon stepped up telling you it wasnt..and finally you accepted it it seamed. so i uninstalled bp and my device started working just fine..just advising from my experience.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
You have battery patch installed. It's the only thing that sets the lower limit to 125Mhz (unless you did so by hand, but then you'd know that...) Please go to the battery patch thread for help with that.

Reality: You do not want to use 125Mhz. It's unstable, can cause slow wakeups (missed calls), and saves almost nothing over using 250Mhz as the base. In fact, there are good arguments to be made for setting the min to 500Mhz, as it's the most efficient when it comes to cycles of work per mAh.
i have not installed battery patch.

As some of post show that it changes for some reson to 125Mhz and one says it is 100% normal ?

And what about the hotness of my device i feel it is very hot while charging.

Can it kill my N900?

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I invite anyone here to make a phone call (one ring will suffice, the other side doesn't have to pick up) and then show the results of running as root and kernel-config show.

That will show a MINIMUM of 125, I bet. That does NOT mean the phone will EVER run at 125 if it also has an "avoid" of 125.

Go ahead, someone make a call and run kernel-config show and tell me it doesn't show a minimum of 125. I dare you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
P.S.

Here is a post from Titan, the father of overclocking on the N900, about the 125 mhz issue (from 2010)

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=141

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I invite anyone here to make a phone call (one ring will suffice, the other side doesn't have to pick up) and then show the results of running as root and kernel-config show.

That will show a MINIMUM of 125, I bet. That does NOT mean the phone will EVER run at 125 if it also has an "avoid" of 125.

Go ahead, someone make a call and run kernel-config show and tell me it doesn't show a minimum of 125. I dare you.
you are right! it also"has an "avoid" of 125."
and why my device has become too hot?

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
[OFF-TOPIC]
Holy fvck! Does your son have "666" engraved on this head?!
I don't even let my wife touch my N900s!
as usually after i coming home from work my son wanna play fruit ninja on my nitdroid, he is just 3years old, i have to looking for another n900 now, its died, totally died,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
[off-topic]
My 3 years-old son is happily playing Frogatto now. He's used to doing so, but my N900 is still in perfect condition, and I'm perfectly sure it will remain this way [/off-topic]
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
[off-topic]
My 4 & 1.5 year-old daugthers are only allowed to touch my N900 under the strictest supervision from my side, and only to watch video (no touching of the screen).
Now that I have a spare N900 I may relax a bit..
[/off-topic]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
really, i miss my n900, sorry for this off topic, so lets rolling again, go go maemoo!!! Take a lesson from my experience, and do it at your own risk, lol, have a nice day everybody, keep all your good work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali