Originally Posted by whc View Post
Hi, really want to get into Sailfish OS, happy Nokia N810, N900 and N9 user in the past.

Have a Nokia N9, is it possible to get OS 2.0 on that, or else thinking of getting Intex Aqua Fish, that comes with Sailfish OS 2.0 out the box.

But is there no premium solution, seems to be budget phones that comes with Sailfish OS, maybe a way to get the OS on a more premium Android phone?

Any help is appreciated.

There's fairphone and epic nexus line (4 & 5), there's one plus one and one plus x aswell. i own one plus x and sailfish looks beautiful on amoled display.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karan5chaos For This Useful Post:
For anyone new to installing Sailfish upon OPX probably best instructions found here albeit in German:http://sailfishmods.de/2016/07/onepl...-installieren/

Link given for Android base in XDA CyanogenMod thread referred to in wiki.merproject.org is no longer valid.

Look for latest Sailfish-Onyx releases here: http://images.devaamo.fi/sfe/onyx/beta-3/

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-11-24 at 20:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
If you need calendar syncing then iCloud CalDAV sync still works with the n9 but doesn't with SailfishOS. CalDAV is still a bag of hurt on Sailfish.
Actually, SyncEvolution works quite well, after the initial pain of setting it up properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
OnePlus X is definitely the best port I've used (I've tried SFOS on Jolla, N9, HTC One m7, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and the OPX). However, it did take about a month to buy the phone - there don't seem to be a lot of them for sale right now.
OnePlus X is now back in stock for some countries, e.g. for Germany on https://oneplus.net/de/oneplus-x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:
Been wanting to use Sailfish OS on the Oneplus X, but time and school just don't allow me to move away from Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Been wanting to use Sailfish OS on the Oneplus X, but time and school just don't allow me to move away from Android.
It doesn't really take that much time.
Also I don't see how would school hinder you unless there's some Android apps you need at school...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It doesn't really take that much time.
Also I don't see how would school hinder you unless there's some Android apps you need at school...
Yeah it's probably easy to flash the ROM, but reliability is a top priority for schools, so if anything happens I cannot afford the time taken to fix it. Already using a linux machine for school, generally hard to communicate and work with people who don't understand the beauty of using linux

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Yeah it's probably easy to flash the ROM, but reliability is a top priority for schools, so if anything happens I cannot afford the time taken to fix it. Already using a linux machine for school, generally hard to communicate and work with people who don't understand the beauty of using linux
I use Nexus5/SFOS as my main device since last spring and it is dead reliable, I use it as my work phone and I kind of assume school cannot be higher priority
I have not used OPX, but people here who have both Nexus5 and OPX say that it is better...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Same here with Nexus 4. SFOS is more than ok as daily driver. But then i don't use Whatsapp.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Fairphone 2 or OnePlus X are thebest ports IMHO. OnePlus X has better specs than FP2, is cheaper, but not modular

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post: