Poll: What do you think about n900 price
Poll Options
What do you think about n900 price

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Ok I tried to start talking about this in other n900 thread but it kept getting lost I think. I don't know about you guys but it wasn't that easy to justify $450 for my N810 about a year and a half ago. There is no way I could justify over $700 for n900 if I had the money. Lets do a little poll and see what other people think about the price. I'm sure this wont do any good but lets at least see what happens.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
It's a phone. The idea is that part of the price will be subsidized by carriers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Just you
For a high end flagship type unlocked mobile phone $599 to $699 is standard.
Compare prices of unlocked iphones, palm pre's, HTC flagships, N97's for evidence.

If Nokia introduce a cellularless tablet then that would be expected to be more in the line of $399.

I think it's just you.
It's a high-end mobile phone, what do you expect? I actually think it's cheap compared to other much more expensive phones that aren't as capable as the n900.
And 700$ isn't that much money anyway imho.

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
It's a phone. The idea is that part of the price will be subsidized by carriers.
Thats another problem, unless they sell them from my carrier that wouldn't help me also I would also have to be able to upgrade my phone which would be almost 2 years for me since I just got a new phone.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Is $700 official?

every where I saw a price its suspected to be 500 euro converter I used says thats about $715 I rounded it down I'm sure that they will adjust it some so the number looks nice like $699.99. $715 just looks strange.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
I found this link that shows that T-Moble intends to carry the N900 in the U.S. which means we may only pay a couple hundred dollars if we sign up with them.

http://hotcellularphone.com/nokia/tm...-rover-tablet/

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Massachusetts, USA
Just you.

Let's wait and see what the price is when it hits the streets and the carriers.

Either way I'm getting two.

It's usually 1:1 so $500-$600 sounds more reasonable IMO

Tags
n900