Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
Could there be a preference to save downloads as audio only by default?
or how about adding a new icon (f.e a down arrow with a note) when you long press on a search result?

and a download button (or better two, one for video download one for audio in the info window would also be very nice!

another thing, is it possible to directly use mplayer instead of kmplayer?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 0.3.3 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* Added setting to choose download location.
* Added abilty to search using a direct link to a video.
* Added ability to change the order of search results.
* Fixed bug that prevented subscriptions/playlists from being displayed.
* Fixed category selection for uploading videos.
* Increased velocity of kinetic scrolling in lists.

Anyone that enabled sharing of subscription activity should now be able to disable it again.

If you change the download location, you can move any existing archived downloads to the new location, and they will be picked up when the application is launched, provided you have not deleted them from the database.

There is also an update to the xtube plugin, to provide the search order facility. If you already have xtube installed, you will need to update this, otherwise the search function will be broken in the main application. If you update xtube first, it should pull in the cuteTube update.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-09 at 22:35.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Thanks for the update, I can see my subscriptions now.
Favourites don't seem to work for me and not viewing the latest subscriptions.
One thing I noticed is that when I enter a userpage in subscriptions it first says "No video found" then it starts to list the videos.

Just some findings. Take your time

Originally Posted by marxian View Post

Anyone that enabled sharing of subscription activity should now be able to disable it again.

If you change the download location, you can move any existing archived downloads to the new location, and they will be picked up when the application is launched, provided you have not deleted them from the database.

There is also an update to the xtube plugin, to provide the search order facility. If you already have xtube installed, you will need to update this, otherwise the search function will be broken in the main application. If you update xtube first, it should pull in the cuteTube update.
Just checked out the update! Good work my man! The search options work but it should save my last search option as in "relavance" but it goes back to "date" everytime i click search? Know what i mean? The rest is all good!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Just checked out the update! Good work my man! The search options work but it should save my last search option as in "relavance" but it goes back to "date" everytime i click search? Know what i mean? The rest is all good!
I did intend to save the search option. I must have missed something. I'm sure it was saving it during testing.

EDIT: I just checked, and the search order is being saved when testing on my desktop. I think there must be a difference in what QML properties JavaScript is allowed to access depending on what version of Qt is installed. 'Code once, deploy everywhere': my arse.

I'll correct it for the next release.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-09 at 23:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Exellent scrolling improvement! Nice job! Marxian, Thanks for your hard dedication to this app.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Great applications (both QML and non-qml)! Thanks for your work.

I know this is a little off-topic but I'm wondering how easy it would be to adapt cuteTube to other "video sites" like TED.com? This site is a really great source of useful info but it is really painful to use from the n900 as-is.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jprobichaud For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I can't see my favorites?
EDIT: Fixed when logged in with my youtube nick instead of my email

Is there going to be support for viewing videos which are disabled from viewing outside youtube.com?

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-04-10 at 03:09.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post

exactly what i'm looking for. uninstalled classic cutetube instantly.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
just updated to your latest version but if i go to about in your apps it still on v 0.3.1 not v 0.3.3 (after reboot & apt-get -f install)
anyway nice update but wish u make the changing download folder more user friendly cause is so hard to change the download folder...

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube