Good afternoon/morning all!

Quick question which I can't seem to find a definite answer for, are their *any* variences in the hardware between N900's sold in the US and N900's sold in the UK for example?

Looking to purchase an N900 whilst I'm out in the states, just wanted to make sure it'll be all good when I get back, for reference I'm on the UK o2 phone network.

Benji

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
No, the hardware is identical world-wide.

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
I guess the only difference is the printing on the keyboard. also, when it come to Hong Kong (if it ever does) FM Transmitter will be likely to be disabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to ghosty For This Useful Post:
Thank you! I'd imagine the charger will have a different plug but will probably support 230v anyway so that's easily sorted, if not, the chargers are cheap I'd guess!

Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
I guess the only difference is the printing on the keyboard. also, when it come to Hong Kong (if it ever does) FM Transmitter will be likely to be disabled.
ghosty, why would the FM Transmitter be disabled for Hong Kong? Is there a law against that there?

Also anyone know about the extra WIFI channels (e.g. 12, 13, 14) issue? Do N900's sold outside the US have these WIFI channels enabled by HW/SW? Or by setting the N900's language/region?

Last edited by kwurk; 2010-02-06 at 18:34.

Actually the hardware/software could differ worldwide.

From the hardware side, the keyboard is very different from country to country. E.g: I'm italian, the Nokia Italia site showed me a normal keyboard while I was buying my N900 online but I've received an N900 with italian keyboard (it lacks of up/down arrows, they are in secondary functions).

From the software site, lots of people from certain countries have received "limited" N900 (a guy from Serbia had GPS feature disabled, another has fm transmitter disabled) because of local laws.

I don't think there are limitations/differences in USA and UK's N900.

Just checked and realised my N900 (UK) has UKP (£) USD ($) and EUR

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
this is what ive noticed as well...a uk version has £ $ and EURO symbol on the keyboard....does the US version follow suit with all 3 symbols?

Originally Posted by kwurk View Post
ghosty, why would the FM Transmitter be disabled for Hong Kong? Is there a law against that there?
yeah, I believe that's the case. Same thing they did to N97 in HK.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangkok
Originally Posted by kwurk View Post

Also anyone know about the extra WIFI channels (e.g. 12, 13, 14) issue? Do N900's sold outside the US have these WIFI channels enabled by HW/SW? Or by setting the N900's language/region?
Hong Kong (and some other countries) do not allow FM transmitting without a license. Can be rectified by changing the regional settings when flashing the phone.