I have a Pebble but can't get it work with SkippingStones. I've entered the BT address of the Pebble (should I use dashes in between each two hex digits?) but to no avail. It doesn't get found by SkippingStones.

Any other suggestions on how to get it to work?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
I have a Pebble but can't get it work with SkippingStones. I've entered the BT address of the Pebble (should I use dashes in between each two hex digits?) but to no avail. It doesn't get found by SkippingStones.

Any other suggestions on how to get it to work?
Double-check the BT address and if correct, click on connect. Forget the menu-entry "Scan for Pebble". If it still doesn't work, reboot.

The address should be in format 00:11:B2:3C:45:A6.

Edit: have you paired the devices? maybe you should un-pair and re-pair both

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
The unicode issue should be fixed in version 0.8:
https://github.com/ruedigergad/Skipp...l.rpm?raw=true
seems to work quite good now! Great! Noticed that it also gives facebook notifications now. The notification when making a call is small nuisance for otherwise nicely working device. The pairing is sometimes tricky vut that also works quite reliabily when you get the hang of it

Thank you really much for this.

Version 0.9 also fixes the false notification on an outgoing call:

With respect to notifications:
Essentially, you should get everything that is also displayed as highlighted notification at the top of the screen; even information about new updates, installed software etc.

The way those notifications are shown on the watch, however, depends on the type of notification.
For some notifications, I implemented some more specialized handling such that the notifications are displayed in a nicer way.
In the worst case, a fall back mechanism is used which simply shows the name of the app causing the notification as well as the text that is shown in the notification on the device.

Edit:
Version 0.10 even adds a simple app cover:

Edit2:
I also added a first version of an own icon.
As I didn't bother to increment the version number, this time, you might need to re-download and re-install version 0.10.
Attached Images

Last edited by Wonko; 2014-04-12 at 22:01.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
This gets even better and better, thank you

And it even works with Android apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Everything works as it should. Thank you very much Wonko.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Everything works great!
Can you also try to add a dbus patch for CuteSpotify to control the music when cutespotify is running? (it's the spotify app from Elleo)

another feature request:
can you let this app run in the background as a daemon without having the cover displayed?

You should upload this app on openrepos
(because if you don't, I will )

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-04-13 at 09:12.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Everything works great!
Can you also try to add a dbus patch for CuteSpotify to control the music when cutespotify is running? (it's the spotify app from Elleo)

another feature request:
can you let this app run in the background as a daemon without having the cover displayed?

You should upload this app on openrepos
(because if you don't, I will )
I can't imagine running this app in the background. How do you access it in case of the reconnect not working? This happens from time to time... I hope it stays accessible in the foreground.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
I can't imagine running this app in the background. How do you access it in case of the reconnect not working? This happens from time to time... I hope it stays accessible in the foreground.
you can just open the app again if you need some reconnecting.
what i mean is that if you close the app now, it disconnects... and that is a pain in the a**

on a sidenote:
would love to see the option to picking up a phonecall.
rejecting a phonecall doesn't do anything
(maybe putting the phone to silent instead of totally rejecting is better? or even MUCH better: first press silent, second press reject. I don't know if this is achievable though)

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-04-13 at 09:26.