Those sons of guns just raised the price to $143.99 (probably due to Bun's recommendation). Should have pulled the trigger this morning when it was still around $114.

My mistake. Focalprice still has the same price: $110.13.

Keep looking I know you can get it for ~$79...some people did.

The most desired piece of that tablet is the A10 and those SoC's are very widespread/available. But Allwinners halting its production to create the A13 which is based on the same nm but going from solo-A8 to solo-A9....trust me there won't be any gains in performance or battery life. And they are also removing the 4-core Mali-400 to put a 2-piece (aka half) Mali-400 ...so it can no longer perform as fast or do 2160p instead limited to 1080p. Oh and they're also raising their price from $7 a chip to $10....not going in a good direction at all.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Kangal, where do you come from? OMG, you know so much about non-nokia!!! Salute!

1) the new image, 0314 ii.img came pre-Rooted. I just found out. I am now overclock to 1.1 G (default 1.0G), tablet is doing just fine. I will kick it up to what Hyundai A7 is advertised for, 1.5G . A rooted android is many times more fun!

2) Yes, you can get this baby for $79, if you have an account, and buy it directly from Alibaba, but it is $79 + shipping + risk of receiving nothing

3) FocalPrice still has it for $110, with coupon bring the cost down to $102, shipped!
Just ordered my 2nd one, $100 shipped ice cream, NOT BAD

4) MIUI is still kind of above my head, for the time being... I will get to it when I get bore with ice cream. Really, this is the 1st android I have since Froyo.

Highly recommend Hyundai A7, no reservation recommendation

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
My mistake. Focalprice still has the same price: $110.13.
Good to see you around, buddy!

I just placed my order for a second one. Mind you, it takes about 30 days to get the toy. Some people said, perhaps, tabletdirectsale will get you the toy in 2 wks, for $130.
This is a very good toy. and Skype Video chat is working, with minor hiccup.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Kangal, where do you come from? OMG, you know so much about non-nokia!!! Salute!

1) the new image, 0314 ii.img came pre-Rooted. I just found out. I am now overclock to 1.1 G (default 1.0G), tablet is doing just fine. I will kick it up to what Hyundai A7 is advertised for, 1.5G . A rooted android is many times more fun!

2) Yes, you can get this baby for $79, if you have an account, and buy it directly from Alibaba, but it is $79 + shipping + risk of receiving nothing

3) FocalPrice still has it for $110, with coupon bring the cost down to $102, shipped!
Just ordered my 2nd one, $100 shipped ice cream, NOT BAD

4) MIUI is still kind of above my head, for the time being... I will get to it when I get bore with ice cream. Really, this is the 1st android I have since Froyo.

Highly recommend Hyundai A7, no reservation recommendation

bun
Thanks.
It started for me with Windows Mobile and the Zaurus (which broke!). Later I had the N900 and Android. Let's just say Android got better while Maemo6 got stagnant.

I wouldn't recommend MIUI until you familiarize yourself with Android "development".

If you can, overclock the A10 to 1.2GHz and keep it on SmartassV2 governor (personally that's the best governor). That way you wont get unnecessary heating (which can damage your tablet) and is pretty fast. The A10 were actually designed to run at 1.2GHz stable, anymore is really stressing the Cortex A8 processor.

Go and check to see if there's any developers making any custom kernels for the H-A7, that's the most important aspect of the build, in my opinion.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-04-03 at 05:42.

I ordered it last night. Since this is my first new toy after purchasing N900, it got so exciting that I hardly slept last night. Hey Bun you did it again! Your enthusiastic reviews already caused me to spend money on this kind of toys twice. But seriously, I love my N900. It has become my most trusted device. I just came back from a week long conference in Toronto, carrying N900 as my only phone-computer. Can't wait to put my hands on the A7.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Good to see you around, buddy!

I just placed my order for a second one. Mind you, it takes about 30 days to get the toy. Some people said, perhaps, tabletdirectsale will get you the toy in 2 wks, for $130. This is a very good toy. and Skype Video chat is working, with minor hiccup.

bun

Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
I ordered it last night. Since this is my first new toy after purchasing N900, it got so exciting that I hardly slept last night. Hey Bun you did it again! Your enthusiastic reviews already caused me to spend money on this kind of toys twice. But seriously, I love my N900. It has become my most trusted device. I just came back from a week long conference in Toronto, carrying N900 as my only phone-computer. Can't wait to put my hands on the A7.
Youre going to LOVE this A7. It does almost everything N900 does, but with a bigger screen. We know, it does not multitask or copy/paste. It does skype video chat. and it is very hackable, and does not require a ton of linux to play with. I am sorry to say, I have left N900. It was my best toy, but it gets old. I am glad you decide to take the plunge. It is a good buy. I cooked up a small todo list upon 1st encounter with the tablet, http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/hyun...ours-1426.html

it may save you sometimes to look everywhere
bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2012-04-04 at 16:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
@bun: do you have usb-bluetooth dongle? if so, can you test whether the A10 can connect/work with other bluetooth device.

I want to pair it with a bluetooth gps receiver

cheers,

^ Interesting question. Android supports Bluetooth dongles out of the box.
It should work, since host works, if it doesn't it means the oem image has been tampered with and you need to install the script yourself.

I know you can get GPS connected once you do have a Bluetooth connection, but you would be losing one USB port.

BTW bun's link (broken) has got a typo in it, the actual link is:
http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/hyun...ours-1426.html

Bun you may want to add this on your thread:
(After flashing your firmaware) To fix the annoying bug= "android.process.acore" has stopped working do this.
Settings>Manage Applications>All....scroll and find contacts.apk
Then Force Close it. Restart the device. Go back and enable it.

Now its fixed (Dialer and Contacts) so no need for "sausage script solution". If it fails then you do need to apply the "sausage script"...which is just a fancy way of saying re-installing the Contacts.apk which is (an important) system app.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, chineseknockoff