Notices

My Nokia N900 had the kernel for power users installed. Today I have upgraded CuteTube and some parts of the kernel were removed. The phone is now a brick and cannot initialize. Users of power kernel be careful.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by memeces View Post
My Nokia N900 had the kernel for power users installed. Today I have upgraded CuteTube and some parts of the kernel were removed. The phone is now a brick and cannot initialize. Users of power kernel be careful.
Your unhappy situation likely is not due to cutetube per se. How did you upgrade: HAM, FapMan or apt-get and was cutetube the only thing noted for an upgrade at the time?

Last edited by handaxe; 2013-10-17 at 10:46.

new version 1.8.2 work great and show almost all videos

The Following User Says Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
My store still show 1.81 version..

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
My store still show 1.81 version..
try to download here: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...utetube/1.8.2/

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Sorry. I think you talk about Harmattan version

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Today I tried every single version of Cutetube and QMLtube available on the Maemo repositories - not one of them works properly.
I went to the lenght of trying that because the other youtube clients are also broken (but not supported anymore), and the latest devel version 1.8.2 brought back the asynchronous double audio track and introduced flickering coloured blurs for video, while still refusing to give my either for some videos ("video cannot be played").

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Today I tried every single version of Cutetube and QMLtube available on the Maemo repositories - not one of them works properly.
I went to the lenght of trying that because the other youtube clients are also broken (but not supported anymore), and the latest devel version 1.8.2 brought back the asynchronous double audio track and introduced flickering coloured blurs for video, while still refusing to give my either for some videos ("video cannot be played").
what player are you using? try kmplayer as cutetube integrated player sometimes play a video two times

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
what player are you using? try kmplayer as cutetube integrated player sometimes play a video two times
I don't know. I didn't make any changes to presets, so I guess the standard Maemo flash player is called by CT? Aynway it's not the Media Player as in earlier versions of CT. I installed the 10.2 Flash Player that is tweaked to appear as 11.4, but that hasn't changed anything about CT's behavior.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I don't know. I didn't make any changes to presets, so I guess the standard Maemo flash player is called by CT? Aynway it's not the Media Player as in earlier versions of CT. I installed the 10.2 Flash Player that is tweaked to appear as 11.4, but that hasn't changed anything about CT's behavior.
open cutetube settings and set media player or kmplayer and than see if the behaviour continues, my guess is it will not...

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube