Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Can we have the existing Nokia/Nemien players document the preferred way of contacting them, and maybe a backup way if that fails?
Actually, no. The channel should be bugs.maemo.org, as it used to be (or perhaps a similar public, transparent channel). I don't know where these support@ email / zendesk write-only blackholes originated but that was obviously a huge mistake and should be reversed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Sorry, but this is about MAEMO. And about maemo community.
I think maybe you read my post too quickly.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry, but this is just a bunch of BS.
I'd like to second Reggie's request to tone down the rhetoric. I don't see what's to be gained with confrontational dialog here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
About Nemein, I will chat with them next week (Europe celebrates Easter holidays).

I have been working with them for years and they score very high in my list. About Niels (X-Fade) I have written publicly that he is a community unsung hero. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this situation and a solution for moving forward.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
...I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this situation and a solution for moving forward.
And I( and I am sure the others too) will appreciate if you share with us that explanation once given. Esp the answer to the question why both me and Pali are on his ignore list.

EDIT:
Along with the solution of course.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-04-05 at 05:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
Whoa, it feels like I need to hand out a lot of tin foil hats here.

The whole world is not against you, if you feel that way, there is not a whole lot we can do for you.

As for contacting me. I've been working hard on apps.formeego.org, maybe concentrated my efforts a bit too much. If communication suffered a bit, I'm sorry about that.

As said before, there are a lot of communication channels and I am not always able to follow them all. If you are talking in a forum topic for months and that is the way you try to reach me, then consider the possibility that I just haven't read it. This is not bad will, it is just a matter of not having time to read all the 1,158,556!! messages in here.

All this time I haven't received any PMs on this forum for instance.

No, I don't have an ignore list Reggie can check that if you don't believe me.

I have gotten some pings on irc in the middle of the night for instance, but if the message then only says 'Hi' or 'Ping' then there is not a whole lot for me to go by. I'm online during central european business hours and always have been. I'm on a whole lot of channels, so if I don't respond on a channel, just PM me.

I've suggested before to the council to have them collect the ongoing issues and we schedule a regular meeting to address the issues.

Please understand that the times have not been easy for people working at Nokia and that their targets were constantly moving etc. There was a whole lot of uncertainty and directions were changing a lot. Even though I could not talk about this in public, keep in mind that I have always made sure the community voice was heard inside.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by X-Fade View Post
Whoa, it feels like I need to hand out a lot of tin foil hats here.

The whole world is not against you, if you feel that way, there is not a whole lot we can do for you.

As for contacting me. I've been working hard on apps.formeego.org, maybe concentrated my efforts a bit too much. If communication suffered a bit, I'm sorry about that.

As said before, there are a lot of communication channels and I am not always able to follow them all. If you are talking in a forum topic for months and that is the way you try to reach me, then consider the possibility that I just haven't read it. This is not bad will, it is just a matter of not having time to read all the 1,158,556!! messages in here.

All this time I haven't received any PMs on this forum for instance.

No, I don't have an ignore list Reggie can check that if you don't believe me.

I have gotten some pings on irc in the middle of the night for instance, but if the message then only says 'Hi' or 'Ping' then there is not a whole lot for me to go by. I'm online during central european business hours and always have been. I'm on a whole lot of channels, so if I don't respond on a channel, just PM me.

I've suggested before to the council to have them collect the ongoing issues and we schedule a regular meeting to address the issues.

Please understand that the times have not been easy for people working at Nokia and that their targets were constantly moving etc. There was a whole lot of uncertainty and directions were changing a lot. Even though I could not talk about this in public, keep in mind that I have always made sure the community voice was heard inside.
Hi Niels, did you receive any of the emails that Rob (SD69) and me sent you regarding the problems with promotion of packages and the proposed solutions agreed first on TMO and then in the testing mailing list?

We have tried to contact you and Henri for more than a month without any response, so maybe we were not sending the email to the correct account or you have any filter that is thrashing emails coming from the testing mailing list.

I appreciate you have finally fixed some of the commented problems, yet we still have the problem with promotion of orphaned packages due to the obvious lack of developers for Fremantle.

We (the community) need an easy way to handle with these orphaned packages, transfer maintenance and promoting should be easier for members of the Council, Testers and I would say that also for some "super developers" such as Pali, freemangordon, MAG, etc.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
What about council candidates answering a set of questions in their user wiki pages, all linked from an elections page? Didn't we have this in the past?
+1

Firstly this used to exist
The 5 council members will be elected by the community. Elections are open to community members with an account over 3 months old and karma of 10 or more. Candidates can be anyone with a karma of 100 or above.

A list of eligible candidates will be published a few weeks before the elections. Based on this, a list of candidate declarations is put together.

Changes to the process require a referendum, a list of community referenda can be found on the above page.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...e_declarations
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...for_March_2010

And secondly it's hard to follow each nominated users standpoint without reading all the current tmo threads, apart from Estel I didn't come across a proper (complete) mission statement so far. I'm not saying that nobody else did make his point clear, it's only hard to find in a forum like tmo, therefore please start a declarations page on the wiki for this election.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry, but this is just a bunch of BS. It's fine that You were successful @ contacting X-Fade - maybe You're not in his "infamous" blacklist.
Either show me proof for the existance of your "blacklist", or stop making "bunch of BS" statements yourself.
Plus an advice (you are free to ignore it of course): "Assume people mean well." Helps a lot to get along in communities.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
please change the title to :

"Council war" or "Council bull****"

can't seem to find anything usefull from page num1 to page num11
everyone wants to make his own argument

damit guys USA has a 50 uniated nations
why don't you 5 people start to agree or propose proper sollutions for our problems
//EDIT: what a shame

@Estel

please edit the first post and add a list of the problems
because people can't understand what are the main problems !!

Last edited by Reggie; 2012-04-05 at 13:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to memorian For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, election, incommunicado, winding down