Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all.

I'm trying to recreate the exact same pool shot that I found on YouTube for an online game I like to play from time to time.

This was the shot made:

Here is the screen on my computer:

I'm using Windows 7 with Google Chrome as the browser.

I'm wondering if it's possible to resize the first screenshot so that the pool table matches exactly with what I have on my screen.

Then perhaps change the opacity of the first screenshot so it could be used as a template on top of the pool game that I'm playing to help me perfectly place the cue ball and angle the shot correctly.

Does this make any sense?

I would love to get a little feedback on this.

Cheers.

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
You could try program named Ghost Mouse. It records mouse movement and clicks.
Record good shot and click play and it does it again.
I dont know how accurate it is but you can always try.

Then another way is to make script with AutoHotkey. Thats more accurate. You just check mouse positions ands write them to script. Did some moves with this on another games.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Yeah. I'm currently using Remouse Standard.

I made a complete mouse script before that would clear the entire pool table in only 5 shots.

Unfortunately, I messed around with my monitor's screen settings a few weeks back so it no longer works and I have to start this all over again.

I've been trying to nail that first shot but, with everything needing to be pixel perfect, I'm hoping for any possible advantages I can get on this.

Could someone help me by stating exactly how many pixels the cue ball is off (x,y) when comparing the first image with the second one?

Sorry for the horrible resolution on the second image (the source was pulled from YouTube), but that is the best that I have for now.

Since I can hex edit the mouse recording file, I'll be able to easily adjust the placement of the cue ball.

Cheers.