Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by gilamonyet View Post
...if I had the skill and the camera myself to take those shots I would have done it.
But I cant so thats why I took the pictures from the web .
Of course, it's all at your own risk, and unfortunately, artists are not the type of people who sue.

But, I have so say... The quote above sounds like this:

"Hey, if I had the money to buy the car, I would have. But since I didn't, I just took it from the parking lot."

Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm not here to deter you from making backgrounds. Just give credit where credit's due.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Of course, it's all at your own risk, and unfortunately, artists are not the type of people who sue.

But, I have so say... The quote above sounds like this:

"Hey, if I had the money to buy the car, I would have. But since I didn't, I just took it from the parking lot."

Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm not here to deter you from making backgrounds. Just give credit where credit's due.

Tim
We'll yea you could see it that way but you could also believe in the goodness of mankind instead of looking it in a ''doom-thinking'' way.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by gilamonyet View Post
We'll yea you could see it that way but you could also believe in the goodness of mankind instead of looking it in a ''doom-thinking'' way.
I'm in no way "doom-thinking" (whatever that is). I'm an artist who has had a lot of media stolen over the years.

And, imho, the "goodness of mankind" means that people ask permission and give credit, not steal art and hope that they don't get sued. Really, now.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I'm in no way "doom-thinking" (whatever that is). I'm an artist who has had a lot of media stolen over the years.

And, imho, the "goodness of mankind" means that people ask permission and give credit, not steal art and hope that they don't get sued. Really, now.

Tim
You are thinking that way because as u stated you had a bad experience when an other person use an artwork/picture (without asking) from some-one else.

Because of this bad experience your way of looking at this topic has changed in a negative way. Its the way we people think.

Anyways I dont want to end up being in a discussion with you or anything.
I catch your drift and I agree with you. I just dont want that people think I ''stole'' this stuff or something like that.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
the only way to prove you didn't steal is to get permission. You'd be surprised how easily you can get it. I'm an artist too, so I, too, relate to tim

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
No, it's not a problem with the Maemo: the wallpapers there are designed for running with prismic (which isn't available yet) so they need a bit of fiddling to install direct.

Do it like this:

Go to the site, and download the wallpapers and the .desktop file direct to your computer (not your n900)

Then open the .desktop file with a text programme - something like notepad or wordpad.

The lines for each image look like this:

X-File1=image_0.jpg
X-File2=image_1.jpg
X-File3=image_2.jpg
X-File4=image_3.jpg

Using the name of the file instead of 'image'

You need to edit them so they say

X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/image_0.jpg
X-File2=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/image_1.jpg
X-File3=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/image_2.jpg
X-File4=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/image_3.jpg

Put your mouse at the end of each line and do a quick 'delete' to make sure there are no spaces after the end which you can't see. Save the file and close.

Then put them on your n900 using the usb cable and the 'mass storage' method, putting all four images and the .desktop file in the images folder.

If that fails, download all four images and add them manually in order.

Hope I have explained that clearly enough.
You can also use the Notes programme on the N900 if you are mobile at the time Menu>More...>Notes

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
You can also use the Notes programme on the N900 if you are mobile at the time Menu>More...>Notes
Ooh nifty! Thanks - didn't realise I could do that.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Here is the 3200x480
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8...la3200x480.jpg

Below is 1600x480 pixel
Enjoy.

This will be my wallpaper when my N900 arrive. For now I can only make for you guy.
sorry the picture quality got reduced.. but download the zip
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip heic0822b.zip (232.5 KB, 582 views)

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2009-12-17 at 09:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
is there a preferred quality/resolution of each picture used? i made several pictures taken by some digital cameras and after load the image set, when i swipe between desktops i noticed screen flash/flicker, looks like flash rate cant catch up quickly, just not as smooth as default installed themes or image sets

Originally Posted by toto29820 View Post
is there a preferred quality/resolution of each picture used? i made several pictures taken by some digital cameras and after load the image set, when i swipe between desktops i noticed screen flash/flicker, looks like flash rate cant catch up quickly, just not as smooth as default installed themes or image sets
Each desktop is 800x480 on the N900, so just add that number horizontally for multiple desktop screens.

One that uses all 4 desktops would be a 3200x480 image broken into 4 individual 800x480 images.