Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
@demolition

of course I'm using the correct settings...
How about your provider. The N900 doesn't have mms natively so some networks have it turned off until you call them to correct this.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I was about to post - copy the contents of /home/user/.fmms to the desired destination in the MyDocs folder, using FileBox or suchlike but the process fails... mmm...

Anyway, if we can fix the copying - the MyDocs folder is the top folder as seen by windows file explorer (aka Nokia N900 with the little pic of the N900 as its icon).

Most items do copy, it's just some of the received items. Not quite sure what's going on. There may be clues in this thread or it might be that I need to run fsck on my device.
that weird considering that i can copy all my mms (even copying the fMMS folder itself) to my SD card or to my pc....

regarding fsck on your device....the best way is to use GParted live CD + Backupmenu....

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
The problem with Copying / Backing up is in the filenames. UTF8 names with special characters at least for me. cp complains: cannot create 'filenamewith?=intheend'

Cannot copy the files to a filesystem that doesn't support those markers in file names. eg MyDocs. Maybe make a tar of the whole folder would work. Then just copy it out.

Something like this should work: "$ tar -cvzf /home/user/MyDocs/backups/fmmsback.tar /home/user/.fmms"

I have like 7 MMS's that cannot be copied because of names that have * mark or = marker etc. The rest copied fine.

Of course it would be great if the CSSU team had some time to hack the backup software to include more stuff. But I know they are allready working hard.

Last edited by miqu; 2011-12-10 at 18:38.

I have a message in fmms can not I download from the operator, and how I can no longer download it'm not getting the fmms delete it, how do I manually delete this message?
Thank´s...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Look at the post before yours and put one and one together? -> There's an '.fmms' folder in your '/home/user'; just delete the relevant MMS - they are stored as individual files there.

Originally Posted by scmp View Post
I have a message in fmms can not I download from the operator, and how I can no longer download it'm not getting the fmms delete it, how do I manually delete this message?
Thank´s...
press and hold on the message title and a "Delete" option will appear

Sorry if it was mentioned before - I tried extensive thread-search without any related results, and I'm not feeling like going through 91 pages...

Whenever I use ''havoc'' mode, the MMS'es are send *slowly*. Monitoring speed through QNetMan, I see speed like 5-10 KB/s. When - at exactly same conditions - I use "rude" mode, speed are great (i.e. as it should be given network coverage etc).

Anyone else experiencing this? If yes, any known workarounds?

Of course, I can live with that - when I send something bigger than plain text (i.e. photos) I just switch mode, send, then switch it back - but, it could be definitely more hassle-free, if possible

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry if it was mentioned before - I tried extensive thread-search without any related results, and I'm not feeling like going through 91 pages...

Whenever I use ''havoc'' mode, the MMS'es are send *slowly*. Monitoring speed through QNetMan, I see speed like 5-10 KB/s. When - at exactly same conditions - I use "rude" mode, speed are great (i.e. as it should be given network coverage etc).

Anyone else experiencing this? If yes, any known workarounds?

Of course, I can live with that - when I send something bigger than plain text (i.e. photos) I just switch mode, send, then switch it back - but, it could be definitely more hassle-free, if possible

/Estel
is your device in 3G when you use "havoc" mode?
i use fMMS often (sending/receiving) MMS...what i learn from this program is when you try to send (havoc mode) switch to 3G for faster sending then switch back to 2G for battery saving....for receiving MMS no need to switch to 3G, 2G mode can download MMS fast too....

Of course I'm using 3G for sending MMS'es. BTW, I can't agree, that it's fast to receive MMS'es on 2.5G - it works, but can't be fast, due to bandwidth limitations (it can't be as fast as with 3G, physically). Of course, "fast" is relative - if data content is small sized, it will go "fast" via 2.5G.

Yet, problem I've described is independent of 2G/3G settings. Speed "achievable" during havoc, are comparable rather to plain GPRS.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
Hi to all, since december I can't receive MMS from people (I only receive the spot's MMS from vodafone italy...)

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python