Active Topics

Notices

hi guys.

my first post, hope this in in the right section.

i seen on Youtube a guy that claimed to have a LCARS theme, however, it was obvious it was just a background that was placed around some icons.. still looked good, and i though, since im not so bad with photoshop, id give one a go and see how it looks...

it looks REALLY good IMO.

so i though id post them on here so some of you guys could give them a go and see what you think, i know its there not perfect, but not bad for a days work..

so here they are, my backgrounds.
the 1st, a web themed one, room for your web icon, 2 bookmarks and the data plan monitor applet.

the 2nd, mostly a weather and mediaplayer screen, with room for 5 icons, 2 on top and 3 on the bottom row.

the 3rd screen i used a seller system thing, and matched the grid to icon size, so whatever you couldn't fit on the other screens, you could fit on this one, there's plenty of room on here..for multiple icons.

and finally, the 4th, mainly a call screen, room for 5 contacts and 2 icons..

this is how i have mine, so you guys can get a idea of where stuff goes, you don't have to have it this way, but i do.i guess i made to make sense this way, but hey, each to there own.

i use the stadard orange theme with these walpapers, and it kinda works, not as good as a full LCARS theme, but it will do for now untill one comes out, for me at least.

if you just click on the images and save them, they should fit you N900 perfectly..

hope you guys like them, like i said, i know there not perfect, but i think, they give you a good LCARS feeling...

cheers.

kiss kiss

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pist0la For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Very nice indeed.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
Looks nice; I think I will have to try them out.

These look pretty cool. You may want to check out the recently announced Okuda theme:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58667

Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
These look pretty cool. You may want to check out the recently announced Okuda theme:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58667
i did give that a go, i cant really remember but little things bugged me about it, like, im sure there was a black background icon, or something, and i couldn't tell if i had selected it or not as the tick, or text was black also, not sure if its been fixed.(cant really remember what it was)

i did like it, thats what made me look for a Lcars theme, that led me to youtube, and then to this..but yeah, nice theme.

Nice, reminds me of the Tricorder app I used to have for my Treo - it looked like a tricorder but you could control what messages came up after a "scan" by pressing certain buttons. I used to have a lot of fun with that I should install it in GVM...

That Okuda theme looks nice and sci-fi-ish as well.

Looks very nice.

This gives at least a +10 on nerdiness.

But you have a typo in the first background.
I guess it's supposed to read "range" instead of "rance" in "long range scan".

Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Looks very nice.

This gives at least a +10 on nerdiness.

But you have a typo in the first background.
I guess it's supposed to read "range" instead of "rance" in "long range scan".

lol, wow, ive been using this for a week and i never even noticed..

nice find..

ill correct it and re post the pic..

edit: i know what i did, i mae the text to big, it is actually a G, but then i resized it, and now it looks like a C...oops.

Last edited by Pist0la; 2010-07-29 at 19:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pist0la For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pist0la View Post
i did give that a go, i cant really remember but little things bugged me about it, like, im sure there was a black background icon, or something, and i couldn't tell if i had selected it or not as the tick, or text was black also, not sure if its been fixed.(cant really remember what it was)

i did like it, thats what made me look for a Lcars theme, that led me to youtube, and then to this..but yeah, nice theme.
If you ever remember where the bug was, please report it in the theme's thread.

Btw, the Okuda/LCARS sounds package would go great with these wallpapers. Nice work!

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2010-07-29 at 19:59.

I took the freedom to fix the typo.

I hope you don't mind.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, wallpapers